Web Developer III - Lead Web Designer - 519078
- The University of Alabama
- Tuscaloosa, AL
- Administrative Jobs
- Technology, Web, Mobile & Application Development
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Pay Grade/Pay Range: 59 Monthly (exempt): - Minimum - $ 48,880.00 Midpoint - $ 70,886.40
Department/Organization: 301202 - Communications-Strategic Communicat
Normal Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:45pm
Job Summary: The Web Developer III writes and maintains front-end and/or back-end code that supports enterprise-level University websites and web applications. Applies specialized knowledge of web code standards and frameworks to produce complex, dynamic websites and applications that meet standards required by University and governmental policy. Works under moderate supervision.
Additional Department Summary: The Lead Web Designer serves as the principal designer for the front-end of the University web framework and is responsible for maintaining and advancing the University’s digital system of design. Designs wireframes, mockups, user interfaces, writes front-end code, and provides art direction for enterprise-level web projects. Works as part of a collaborative team with developers, content & accessibility specialists, and leadership. May be eligible for a hybrid or remote work arrangement.
Required Minimum Qualifications: Masters degree and two (2) years of experience in web development; OR bachelor's degree and four (4) years of experience in web development.
Additional Required Department Minimum Qualifications: Must include a link to an online portfolio of previous design work to be considered for this position.
Skills and Knowledge: High proficiency in HTML and CSS.¬. Proficiency in other web languages are a plus. High proficiency in the Adobe Creative Cloud design suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and XD. Understanding of the principles of responsive web design. Familiarity with web accessibility standards (WCAG 2.0AA.). Familiarity with the concept of systems of design. Experience working with content management systems. Image modification and optimization. Experience using GitHub or other version control systems is a plus.
Background Investigation Statement: Prior to hiring, the final candidate(s) must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation and information obtained from social media and other internet sources. A prior conviction reported as a result of the background investigation DOES NOT automatically disqualify a candidate from consideration for this position. A candidate with a prior conviction or negative behavioral red flags will receive an individualized review of the prior conviction or negative behavioral red flags before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The University of Alabama is an Equal Employment/Equal Educational Opportunity Institution. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment or volunteer status without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age, genetic or family medical history information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, and will not be discriminated against because of their protected status. Applicants and employees of this institution are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases. Follow the link below to find out more. "EEO is the Law" Poster
The University of Alabama embodies an academic community that demands excellence in teaching, research and service and provides an inclusive, nurturing environment for the discovery of knowledge and the development of well-rounded leaders. Founded in 1831 as Alabama's first public college and known as the Capstone of Higher Education, UA provides a premier undergraduate and graduate education built upon global engagement, high-quality scholarship, outstanding teaching, and diversity and inclusivity throughout the community.
The University of Alabama will advance the intellectual and social condition of the people of the state, the nation and the world through the creation, translation and dissemination of knowledge with an emphasis on quality programs in the areas of teaching, research and service.
The University of Alabama will be known as the university of choice for the best and brightest students in Alabama, and all students who seek exceptional educational opportunities. The University of Alabama will be a student-centered research university and an academic community united in its commitment to enhance the quality of life for all Alabamians and the citizens of the nation and the world.
Our Core Values
The University of Alabama is committed to:
- Undergraduate education that produces socially-conscious, ethical and well-rounded leaders who are grounded in their subject matter and capable of controlling their own destinies.
- Graduate education that is deeply vested in subject matter knowledge, professional content, research skills and creative activity.
- Public outreach and service that is held in the highest regard and fosters impactful public engagement to enhance the quality of life for the citizens of Alabama, the nation and the world.
- Campus life that embodies collaboration, collegiality, respect and a culture of inclusivity.
Our Strategic Goals
- Provide a premier undergraduate and graduate education that offers a global perspective and is characterized by outstanding teaching, high-quality scholarship and distinctive curricular and co-curricular programs. Increase the University’s productivity and innovation in research, scholarship and creative activities that impact economic and societal development.
- Enrich our learning and work environment by providing an accepting, inclusive community that attracts and supports a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
- Provide opportunities and resources that facilitate work-life balance and enhance the recruitment and retention of outstanding faculty and staff.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert