Sr. Research Program Coordinator
- Johns Hopkins University
- Administrative Jobs
- Academic Affairs, Research Staff & Technicians, Institutional & Business Affairs, Program Administration, Technology, Analysts & Programming
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Sr. Research Program Coordinator
The Department of Neurology is seeking a Sr. Research Program Coordinator. The Sr. Research Program Coordinator will be responsible for the logistics of enrolling patients into clinical research studies investigating different types of myositis and their underlying causes and treatments. This position requires working directly with patients and physician investigators, and responsibilities include explaining the research studies to eligible patients and obtaining their informed consent, collecting and recording data, collecting and processing biological samples, monitoring clinical course of patients enrolled in clinical trials, and ensuring that research protocols are executed appropriately. This position will work under the supervision of the Principal Investigators.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruit and enroll eligible participants into clinical protocols, while maintaining good working knowledge of all assigned protocols and reporting requirements.
- Work on complex clinical studies which require a high level of knowledge and coordination and maintain regulatory binders for each assigned protocol.
- Prepare and submit annual renewal requests, amendments, and adverse event reports with clinical input according to IRB and sponsor requirements; adhere to all protocol requirements to ensure the validity of the clinical research data.
- Enter patient demographic and clinical data into institutional database systems as required and respond in a timely manner to special projects or queries related to the data.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members with some supervisory functions.
- Work at both at the Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center at the East Baltimore campus and the Outpatient Clinic at the Bayview Medical Center.
- Responsibilities include the identification of potential study participants among the patients seen at both facilities, the recruitment of eligible patients for clinical research and trials, including obtaining informed consent.
- Oversee that all testing required for a study protocol is completed and compile the study information (data) as required by each protocol, including data entry.
- Perform phlebotomy and process the collected biospecimens.
- Explain study procedures to prospective participants, conduct baseline and follow-up interviews and questionnaires; work with the database manager on proper entry of collected data; perform related project tasks and support as necessary.
- Efficiency, organization, and time management skills are essential to the position.
- Submit investigator approved communications regarding multiple research studies with Hopkins IRB office through web-based program.
- Utilize standard telephone equipment and communication methods to communicate clearly with potential subjects so that they understand research protocols for which they may volunteer.
- Use all standard personal computer workstation programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline.
- Three years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Phlebotomy experience or willingness to learn.
Classified Title: Sr. Research Program Coordinator
Starting Salary Range: $40,100-$55,140-$70,180 Annually (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/Johns Hopkins Bayview
Department name: SOM Neuro Neuromuscular
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Sr_-Research-Program-Coordinator-MD-21224/1007785900/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-c8d55ec5116a9e41b87e06df3fa395cd
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert