: Administrative / StaffSubscribe:
: 01-51-5115-Academic Dev. DeptLocations:
: Longmeadow, MAPosted:
: Mar 21, 2023Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-Time Salaried (Exempt)Position ID:
About Bay Path University:
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to prepare students to not only meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities but to also thrive in their professions, identify and realize their dreams, and make a lasting difference in the world. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student...to start them on the road of success. That spirit and philosophy is best reflected in our shared vision, "At Bay Path, every learner's dreams of a better career, a richer life, and a brighter future will be realized."
Recognizing that our learners come first, we know it is equally important that we develop, cultivate, and sustain a culture that binds us together as a community. As part of the University's ongoing commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, we draw upon our eight Core Values-beliefs that provide the internal framework and a moral compass for how we work and interact with each other.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges and Graduate Programs by The Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA, and a satellite location in East Longmeadow, MA, Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
For 125 years, we have been committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or We Empower Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change. Be Bay Path.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
JOB SUMMARY: The AccessAbility Associate directly supports Bay Path University students and the Office of AccessAbility services (Disability Services) by ensuring students registered with the office are connected to the resources and accommodations needed to succeed. The Associate assists the Coordinator with the daily operations of the department, including but not limited to keeping departmental documentation and resources up-to-date, ensuring accommodations letters are issued according to the procedure, responding to general inquiries, attending University admissions events, and providing test proctoring, as needed.
- Position Code: AAASC
- Job Type: Full-time
- Hours: 8:30am to 5:00pm, some evenings and weekends
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, infrequent evenings and weekends
- Position Location: Longmeadow, MA
- Coordinate, schedule and proctor exams for students who are approved for test-taking accommodations on the Longmeadow and East Longmeadow campuses. Ensure test integrity, monitoring test takers via video or in-person. Train other Testing Facilitators as needed.
- Respond to inquiries from current students, prospective students, and family members of current or prospective students.
- Maintain timely and appropriate records by documenting communication with students, faculty, and other stakeholders.
- Consult with staff and faculty involved in the implementation of accommodations for students with disabilities.
- Assist with note taker coordination.
- Assist in developing and maintaining disability-related policies and procedures manual.
- Assist with compiling student data and statistics reflecting progress, trends, and use of services and recommendations for future initiatives.
- Provide and assist students with assistive technology related to disability accommodations; facilitate assistive technology training and use by students with disabilities.
- Attend Admissions events and Advising Days as appropriate.
- Assist in the outreach and training on web accessibility for faculty and staff. Clarifies and communicates the accessibility requirements for all university courses. Serves as the first point-of-contact for questions about implementing changes.
- Develop a working knowledge of the University's learning management system (LMS) to support the implementation of student accommodations, as necessary.
- Maintain professional knowledge base and remain current with ADA legislation and case law.
- Bachelor's degree, master's preferred in special education or special education administration, school psychology, rehabilitation counseling, or a related field.
- Familiar with technology accessibility laws and standards.
- Knowledge of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) as it relates to post-secondary education.
- Familiarity with assistive technology for persons with disabilities.
- Ability to responsibly handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Flexibility with schedule as it relates to test proctoring hours.
- Demonstrated ability to organize documents and focus on details.
- Ability to work within the guidelines of FERPA and HIPPA.
- Willingness to engage students.
- Demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google apps, email.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role of this position in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures equity, respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Bay Path University is a smoke and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at HR@baypath.edu or call 413-565-1168.