Sr. Academic Program Coordinator
- Johns Hopkins University
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Program Administration, Technology, Analysts & Programming
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Sr. Academic Program Coordinator
The Johns Hopkins Laboratory for Computational Sensing and Robotics (LCSR) is an interdisciplinary program with several departments and centers that are part of a cross collaboration effort between the Whiting School of Engineering (WSE) and the School of Medicine (SOM). The centers mission is to create knowledge and foster innovation to further the field of robotics science and engineering.
We are seeking a Senior Academic Program Coordinator who will be responsible for oversight of academic program matters related to the Laboratory for Computational Sensing and Robotics. The incumbent is expected to coordinate the varied duties and responsibilities of the LCSR academic programs.
While this position will primarily support the Robotics MSE program, we expect the major functions of this position will benefit students at all levels. This position will largely be responsible for working with faculty to build industry relationships and identify internship and co-opt opportunities for students, while this will be geared towards the Robotics MSE, PhD and undergraduate students will also benefit from improved industry relations and opportunities.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct program quality control assessments including student surveys and interviews, develop reports from the data to support academic improvement.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with Industry Partners with the eventual goal of creating an internship co-op program.
- Support the Internship Option of the Robotics MSE Degree.
- Create and maintain internship and co-op programs.
- Oversee and facilitate the departments Visiting student process including postdoctoral fellows, ensuring appropriate processing and appointments, managing the visa application process, working with OIS and ensuring completion of registration and other administrative requirements.
- Process student hires and student payroll.
- Administratively run the summer Research Experience for Undergraduates program including posting application, organizing the selection process, scheduling classes, and planning related events and field trips.
- Create and manage a dedicated group of tour guides - this includes training sessions for tour guides, a regularly updated tour guide page on the LCSR intranet, with training materials and videos, and developing a pay structure for tours.
- Co-Manage the LCSR Tour Guide program working with Admissions, the Center for Educational Outreach, WSE Development, and outside community groups to schedule tours for visitors and prospective students.
- Update course listing changes each semester.
- Manage and update content for the departmental academic and industry webpages.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of departmental events such as orientation, open houses (onsite and virtual), admitted student visitor days, and receptions, among others.
- Develop and oversee student centered activities for the annual Industry Day event.
- Act as a co-advisor for the LCSR Graduate Student Association (LCSR-GSA).
- Work with the LCSR-GSA to plan and coordinate student social events.
- Assist with student degree conferral process.
- Work with Student Accounts, Financial Aid and/or Registration to research and resolve student inquiry issues.
- Maintain and ensure security of confidential student records, including admissions, course information and any coaching/teaching/counseling records.
- Provide support as needed on other academic projects.
- Provide support as needed to the Academic Program Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED, with Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Five years progressively responsible administrative/academic experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Experience working in a university setting.
- Experience with Zoom and Teams.
- Experience with SIS.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to utilize academic databases.
- Ability to manage, organize and analyze datasets of student and programmatic information.
- Ability to work comfortably and collaboratively with students, faculty, and academic officials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Creativity, good judgment, organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to problem solve
- Must be independent, professional, approachable, and team-oriented.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Professional in-person and phone demeanor.
- The position requires using various software applications including SAP, SIS, Zoom, spreadsheets, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports; Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Level of Independent Decision Making
- This position will report to the Academic Program Manager and will work closely with the Director of Education for LCSR.
- This role requires strong organizational, analytical, and management/supervisorial skills and the ability to execute the varied duties and responsibilities independently with minimal supervision.
Classified Title: Sr. Academic Program Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/03/OF
Starting Salary Range: $20.40 - $28.00 - $35.70 HRLY (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 7.5 hours
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Hybrid/Homewood Campus
Department name: LCSR
Personnel area: Whiting School of Engineering
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Sr_-Academic-Program-Coordinator-MD-21218/1007428100/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-3040e424158e894e947aad63f658bce8
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert