The Executive Director is responsible for the development and administration of all human resource functions of the college, including employment services, employee and labor relations, oversight of compensation and benefits administration, and student employment. Recommends policies and procedures related to personnel functions. Responsible for compliance reports for the department. Manages staff that are intricately involved in the day-to-day operations of the office. Serves as a member of the leadership team for the Vice President Diversity, Equity and Belonging/Executive Director, Monroe Community College Downtown Campus, who reports to the President. The Executive Director is responsible for planning, directing, and administering personnel policies and programs for all academic and non-academic personnel in areas including but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, employment, benefits, compensation, labor relations, contract administration, organizational development, and compliance with state and federal regulations. This position supports the president and senior administration in advancing the College's values and creating and sustaining a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, equitable, and respectful.
– Advises and works with senior administration on strategic initiatives that promote a culture of excellence and belonging through a shared commitment to the college's values and mission.
– Supports senior administrators in the recruitment, hiring, development, and retention of employees, including those from underrepresented groups, to further the mission of the college and its strategic priorities Directs and maintains lawful labor and employment practices, policies and procedures on behalf of the college.
– Participates in professional associations in human resources and higher education.
– Administers collective bargaining agreements, leads negotiations, responds to and settles grievances, and represents the college during arbitrations and other labor relations matters.
– Supports the role of the Board of Trustees in its annual evaluation and contract negotiations with the College President.
– Represents the president and MCC Board of Trustees as liaison to the Monroe County Law Department in matters involving the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the New York State Division of Human Rights, the Public Employee Relations Board, or other legal matters as designated by the college.
– Supports the Vice President, Diversity, Equity, and Belonging, MCC Compliance Officer, and Title IX Coordinator on compliance related matters, including policy review and development, mandated training, and investigation of complaints relating to Title IX and other laws prohibiting discrimination and harassment.
– Directs and supervises the workflow of human resources staff members in areas of labor management, benefits delivery processes, recruitment and hiring processes, Monroe County Civil Service Commission regulations, organizational development and training, and other employee related functions.
– Oversees hiring activities to recruit qualified candidates, including onboarding and ensuring appropriate orientation. Ensures that hiring and employee-related policies are inclusive and promote diversity.
– Manages and implements programs that increase efficiency, strengthen employee knowledge and abilities, improve leadership, and promote a positive organizational culture.
– Implements and maintains best practices, policies, and procedures in human resources to ensure consistency, equity, and accuracy.
– Fosters a culture that promotes openness, trust, collaboration, and mutual respect among all departments and divisions.
– Evaluates procedures and technology solutions to improve Human Resources and Payroll data management.
– Performs other duties as assigned.