- Newman University
- Wichita, Kansas
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Admissions & Enrollment, Business & Financial Management, Communications & Marketing, Student Affairs, Student Activities & Services, Other Student Affairs Jobs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Position Title: Admissions Counselor
Last Updated: 5/2022
Reports to: Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions
The Admissions Counselor contributes to the pursuit of the university’s enrollment goals through recruitment efforts within an assigned territory. The Counselor is knowledgeable about Newman programs and services and serves as a positive representative of Newman at college fairs, high school visits, community programs, interviews, on-campus events and during daily visits. The Counselor identifies prospective students within the territory through travel and by personal outreach including phone, text, email, and social media. In addition to prospective students, the Admissions Counselor develops positive relationships with high school counselors, parents and alumni within the territory. The Admissions Counselor is responsible for encouraging interest in Newman, assisting with application generation and completion, assisting families with the financial aid process, and serving as the point of contact for any other issues that arise during the admissions process.
This position is responsible for cultivating and maintaining the institution's Catholic identity and its mission to empower graduates to transform society. As a member of the Newman community, the staff member will join with the institution's sponsors, the Adorers of the Blood of Christ (ASC Sisters), to witness God's love in Mission to empower others, foster oneness, celebrate life, form right relationships, and walk as compassionate companions. Additionally, this position contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other faiths, cultures, or backgrounds.
- Actively recruit students from an assigned territory while also identifying and developing new recruitment areas.
- Develop relationships within your territory with high schools, colleges, and community partners.
- Maintain relationships with prospective students through constant communications, including social media.
- Meet with students and parents throughout the recruitment process, from inquiry to enrollment, tracking weekly progress and keeping files up to date in Newman’s CRM.
- Participate in all on-campus and off-campus recruiting efforts; attend local fairs, college nights, community events, national events, and wherever needed (requires nights and weekends).
- Attend all scheduled morning coffee talks and staff meetings.
- Remain current on all relative information pertaining to the University to assist in all recruiting efforts, including providing information on available scholarships offered at Newman University.
- Maintain a travel schedule, manage a travel budget, and submit weekly reports.
- Assist in developing goals and strategies to support your personal and departmental recruitment efforts.
- Assist in the marketing of the University through collaborative efforts with the Admissions team.
- Work with individual athletic programs to assist in the recruitment of student-athletes.
- Complete all University-required trainings including Title IX and FERPA
- Contribute to the overall success of the Admissions department by performing all other duties as assigned and appropriate to the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Requires up to 50% travel time.
- Ability to speak publicly in front of others.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and pass a motor vehicle check.
- Fluent in social media platforms.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population of parents, teenagers, and older adults, including upset and/or difficult customers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office setting and handle frequent interruptions.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet manner.
- Prior experience working with a customer relationship management system (CRM), is a plus.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Founded in 1933, Newman University is a liberal arts institution grounded in Catholic values and traditions, yet is respectful of all faiths. At Newman you'll find people, programs, organizations and activities designed to educate the mind and inspire the spirit. Our low instructor-to-student ratio and collaborative faculty contribute to a positive learning environment. We are a sponsored ministry of the Adorers of the Blood of Christ, US Region. We invite you to join us in our work of empowering our graduates to transform society!
3100 W McCormick St
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert