Assistant or Associate Professor
- University of Florida
- Faculty Jobs
- Professional Fields, Veterinary Science, Science & Technology, Agricultural Science & Extension
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Assistant or Associate Professor
Job No: 524017
Work Type: Non-Tenure-Track Faculty
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Grant or Research Administration
Department: 36010000 - PHHP-COM BIOSTATISTICS
The University of Florida Health Cancer Center (UFHCC) consists of more than 300 basic, translational and population-based scientists and clinicians at the University of Florida who conduct research for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer. The central collaborative research model encourages the translation of basic laboratory findings to novel therapies. The multidisciplinary membership of the Cancer Center is its strength. Researchers are drawn from throughout UF, including six colleges within the Health Science Center - Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Public Health and Health Professions, and Veterinary Medicine as well as the Colleges of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Engineering, Health and Human Performance, Journalism and Communications, and Agricultural and Life Sciences. Research is focused around three programs: Mechanism of Oncogenesis, Cancer Therapeutics and Host Response, Cancer Control and Population Sciences.
The UFHCC invites applications for one faculty member (non-tenure track) with biostatistics expertise. The faculty's academic home will be the Department of Biostatistics, jointly situated in the College of Public Health and Health Professions and College of Medicine, UF. The position while supervised by the Department Chair, on a day-to-day basis reports directly to the Director of the UFHCC Division of Quantitative Sciences and Biostatistics Shared Resource.
- Collaborate on a variety of cancer clinical and basic science research projects.
- Promote a collaborative environment.
Commensurate with experience and rank.
Doctoral degree in biostatistics, statistics or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience at the Assistant rank is essential for consideration of appointment at the Associate rank.
- The desired candidate for Associate rank: (1) Can contribute to the many current clinical and basic science studies at UFHCC, as evidenced by a history of peer-reviewed publications and involvement in grant supported research projects if applicable; (2) Preference will be given to applicants with an outstanding record doing team science or collaborative biostatistics with an emphasis in clinical or translational science. Areas of particular interest are in the areas of: Prediction modeling, Survival analysis, Phase I and II clinical trial design, Bayesian approach, High throughput data analysis, and/or Causal inference for observational data; and (3) The candidate is expected to identify and resolve methodological issues that arise in collaborative research. This will generate a hybrid collaboration, bringing benefit to the investigators and the biostatistical scientists.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, applicants must upload a letter of interest, a CV, and a list of three references. Application review is ongoing and will continue until a suitable applicant pool has been established. This position has been reposted; previous applicants remain under consideration and need not apply. Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services(NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/(http://www.naces.org/). The University of Florida is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff and students. We seek to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of this commitment, and to further the excellence of the University. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
Health Assessment Required:
Applications Close: 10 May 2023
To apply, visit https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/524017/assistant-or-associate-professor
The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert