Evening-Weekend Program Coordinator
- Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City
- 900 N. Portland Ave Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107 United States
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Program Administration, Technology, Analysts & Programming
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
900 N. Portland Ave
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107
United States Hiring Supervisor and Contact Info:Tom HickeyHiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding):14.31 - 14.31, Hourly Work Schedule:8am to 5pm Sat, 1pm to 5pm SunJob Summary:Job Summary:
Serves as point ofcontact for students and faculty during weekend hours. Provides generaladministrative assistance to support the campus as a whole. Assists Security inthe event of campus emergencies, such as in emergency evacuations or otheremergency safety measures. Assist Information Services with weekend changes.Essential Job Functions:
- Serves as a point of contact and representative of campus administration.Provides academic and administrative support and supervision to classes and campus activities.Provides computer and network support based on Information Services guidance.Follow generally standardized operating and procedures.Interpret and follow documented policies and procedures.Assist faculty, staff, students, and campus visitors.Assist security personnel in handling any threat to individuals and/or property.Ensure that appropriate administrators are notified when situations require their attention.Assists in the resolution of any issues or problems that develop.Completes all mandatory training.Performs other duties as assigned.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.Special Instructions to Applicants
Resume and Cover Letter required for full considerationEducation & ExperiencePosition Qualifications:
Associates Degree or equivalent work experience.
- One to two of experience providing academic and administrative support and supervision to classes and campus activities.
Knowledge,Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and ability to set up, operate, assist others and troubleshoot classroom/conference room technologies.Knowledge and ability to perform computer and network tasks based on procedures provided by Information Services.Ability to provide general oversight to evening and weekend programs in a mature and responsible manner.Requires regular contact with members of faculty, staff, students and the public which require tact, diplomacy and independent judgment.Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.Ability to communicate diplomatically, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing to exchange information, give/receive instructions and respond to inquiries appropriately.Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to a multicultural environment in an effort to work and communicate effectively with all students, faculty, staff and community partners.High degree of initiative and self-direction; ability to work without close supervision.Demonstrated knowledge of office technologies including but not limited to: office computers, fax machines, scanners, internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU-OKC and OSU brand with positivity and professionalism.Demonstrated history of ethical and professional behavior.
- Previous experience working with faculty, staff, students, and visitors in a college or career tech environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 1:00 p.m. to5:00 p.m.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior office work environment with occasional work in finish construction environments.Most work is done during the day but must be flexible and able to work nights when needed.Must be able to work a flexible schedule in an often times busy and noisy environment.Work will be performed in an office and classroom environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone and via email.
- Will work weekends and occasional evenings.Requires extensive walking and/or traveling from building to building on campus.Duties require extended periods of sitting, talking and listening.Duties require extensive use of computers, telephone and other office equipment.Requires possible lifting of up to 25 lbs. (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift).Requires proper handling of computers, components and technology equipment, use of both hands in repetitive actions, simple grasping, and fine manipulation.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
#ZROklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Oklahoma State University is a modern land-grant system that prepares students for success. Orange is the Answer. Through leadership and service, OSU improves the lives of people in Oklahoma, the nation and the world. OSU has more than 35,000 students across its five-campus system with students from all 50 states and around 120 nations. Established in 1890, OSU has graduated more than 264,000 students to serve the state of Oklahoma, the nation and the world.
Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City (OSU-OKC) is part of the modern land-grant system of Oklahoma State University. OSU-OKC is a two-year public institution, offering more than 50 degrees and certificate options. Through quality education, a supportive environment, leadership training and service opportunities, OSU-OKC trains students to work and educates them to lead. OSU-OKC graduates are found throughout the community serving as police officers, firefighters, nurses, teachers, healthcare professionals and business owners. osuokc.edu
Oklahoma State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/E-verify employer committed to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. Oklahoma State University campuses are tobacco and vapor-free.
900 N Portland
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert