Post Doctoral Fellow
- Tulane University
- New Orleans, LA
- Faculty Jobs
- Science & Technology, Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Auxiliary Services
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
New Orleans, LA
Mar 7, 2023
A Postdoctoral Fellow position available in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at Tulane University School of Medicine.
We are seeking a motivated candidate who is proficient in DNA, RNA and cell culture methods. The successful candidate will be capable of investigating the role of human papillomavirus (HPV) or Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) in its associated human cancers. The work will involve methodologies including next-generation DNA/RNA-sequencing, FISH analysis, mutagenesis, cloning, RNA and DNA preparation, FACS analysis, cell-based assays including western blotting, co-IP, cell proliferation/growth, manipulation of cell culture, and immunofluorescence staining.
Ph.D. or M.D. with experience in molecular biology and biochemistry.
- Proficient in cellular and molecular biology research skills and advanced experimental techniques.
- Good computer skills, including an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and/or Power Point software applications.
- Solid analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills ;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multi-task, and prioritize work assignments;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all work performed
- Ability to independently work on research assignments.
- Ability to give oral presentation of experimental results in lab meetings and research conferences.
- Ability to instruct graduate and undergraduate students in the lab, as needed.
- Ability to review journal manuscripts and provide critiques.
Applicants may apply using this link: apply.interfolio.com/122158
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Please Note: Tulane University has officially adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees and visiting faculty must be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination or obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to beginning employment.
Tulane University is located in New Orleans - a city with tremendous history of diverse cultures, community, and languages. Tulane is actively building a campus culture grounded in our values of EDI and anti-racism. We seek and welcome candidate applications from historically underrepresented groups, such as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color), women, LGBTQ+, and those living with disabilities as well as veterans.
Tulane University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution committed to excellence through diversity. Tulane University will not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by federal, state, or local law. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert