Job Location1460 University Drive, Winchester, Virginia
Shenandoah University is accepting applications for a custodian. This is a full-time benefited position located on our main campus in Winchester, Virginia.
Required SkillsPrevious custodial experience and willingness to learn are essential to this position. The ideal candidate will also have the following skills and work ethics:
- Knowledge of standard cleaning methods and procedures
- Ability to stand, walk, and bend for many hours
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Meet physical requirements for essential job functions; which include bending, lifting, pulling, reaching above the head, moving light furniture
- Ability to perform repetitive motion for long periods of time
- Ability to lift heavy objects, climb ladders and work at particular heights
- Experience with using cleaning equipment, including vacuum cleaners, floor buffers, and cleaning solutions
- Background in handling, mixing and using cleaning chemicals
- Knowledge of occupational hazards safety rules
- Have excellent communication skills
- Dependability and reliability are a must.
How to Apply:
The complete application will include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University is committed to enriching its educational experience and culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff. All candidates are strongly encouraged to include a statement in their cover letters addressing ways in which they may be able to contribute to that commitment.
**Note: A pre-employment background check will be required and a satisfactory driving record may be required as a condition of hire.
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, or on any other basis protected under applicable law.
Salary TypeNot Applicable