Department Head for Engineering Technologies
- Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City
- 900 N Portland Ave Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107 United States
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
900 N Portland Ave
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107
United States Hiring Supervisor: Evan Burkala Hiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding): 0.00 - 0.00, Commensurate with education and experience Work Schedule: Varies, occasionally includes some evenings and weekends. Faculty Appt Period: Job Summary: Job Description:The department head is the first-line administrator ofthe department to which they are assigned. The incumbent is responsible for allissues related to department operation, such as overseeing development of new curriculumand programming, budget, personnel, assessment, class schedules, and studentrights and responsibilities. The department head must actively recruit andmentor majors, serve on faculty committees, and perform other duties asassigned.Essential Job Functions:Teach 12 credit hours (or equivalent) with 3 hours credit release time each fall and spring semester for department head role.(Additional class release time allowed for program development)Maintain presence 35 hours per week on campus with availability for class schedule, student office hours and administrative role.Supervise all courses, degree/certificate-granting programs of the department.Supervise the development/distribution of department publications.Coordinate development of an appropriate and efficient class schedule each semester.Coordinate with transfer institutions in the articulation of courses and/or degree programs.Remain current with theory and practice in the profession, coordinate and monitor professional growth activities for faculty.Develop a proposed budget for submission to the Division Head and recommend all budget expenditures to the Division Head.Coordinate the recruitment, selection, and recommendation of adjunct faculty and actively participate in the selection of full-time faculty.Coordinate, develop, and participate in recruitment activities for department.Develop and monitor faculty teaching loads.Develop assessment plan in coordination with faculty and submit required assessment data and departmental information for program reviews and other institutional reports.Evaluate faculty.Supervise textbook selection.Supervise implementation of institutional guidelines for retention.Supervise implementation of assessment model.Coordinate active advisory committee for degree programs.Establish and maintain effective cooperation and coordination with all other divisions, departments, and support units on campus.Participate in professional organizations.Fulfill all faculty requirements as noted in the Faculty Handbook.Complete all mandatory training and participate in RPT recommended level of professional development each year.Perform other duties as assigned.Theduties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of thevarious types of work that may be performed. The omission of specificstatements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work issimilar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Special Instructions to Applicants Resume and cover letter are required for full consideration.Transcripts required upon Hire Education & Experience Position Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be qualified to teach and provide leadership in Engineering Technology degree programPrevious experience in teaching.Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in the field of automation engineering and industrial maintenance.
- Master’s Degree in discipline or related area or Master’s Degree with 18 hours in discipline required.Experience in Learning Management Systems such as D2L, Blackboard, or Canvas
- Three (3) years or more of college-level teaching experience.ISA industry certifications or equivalent.Minimum of one year of successful administrative experience.Experience in Learning Management Systems such as D2L, Blackboard, or Canvas
- Teaching Competence – Must be able to create lesson plans, content, presentations, ancillary materials, and assignments to effectively transform information to knowledge for students; have the ability to assess student learning and progress.Communication skills – Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with clear, grammatically correct English and prepare complex reports on deadline; requires interaction with supervisors, colleagues, students, alumni, advisory committee members, and the public, using tact, discretion, and independent judgment.Computer skills – Must be demonstrably proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel), as well as e-mail, internet and learning management systems.Ability to manage multiple priorities imposed by frequent deadlines, peak workloads, and public/student contact.Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU-OKC and OSU brand with positivity and professionalism.Demonstrated history of ethical and professional behavior.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and online.Work will be performed in an office and classroom environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone, via email, and various communication platforms.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, talking and listening.Duties require extensive use of computers, telephone and other office equipment.Requires possible lifting of up to 25 lbs. (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift).
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
#ZROklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations,OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Oklahoma State University is a modern land-grant system that prepares students for success. Orange is the Answer. Through leadership and service, OSU improves the lives of people in Oklahoma, the nation and the world. OSU has more than 35,000 students across its five-campus system with students from all 50 states and around 120 nations. Established in 1890, OSU has graduated more than 264,000 students to serve the state of Oklahoma, the nation and the world.
Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City (OSU-OKC) is part of the modern land-grant system of Oklahoma State University. OSU-OKC is a two-year public institution, offering more than 50 degrees and certificate options. Through quality education, a supportive environment, leadership training and service opportunities, OSU-OKC trains students to work and educates them to lead. OSU-OKC graduates are found throughout the community serving as police officers, firefighters, nurses, teachers, healthcare professionals and business owners. osuokc.edu
Oklahoma State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/E-verify employer committed to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. Oklahoma State University campuses are tobacco and vapor-free.
900 N Portland
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert