Post Doctoral Fellow - School of Mathematical & Statistical SciencesLocation:
O217 MARTIN HALL, Clemson, SCOpen Date:
Mar 6, 2023Description:
The Clemson School of Mathematical & Statistical Sciences (SMSS) seeks to fill SMSS Postdoctoral positions, starting in the Fall 2024 semester. This is a 9-month position (August 15-May 15) with job duties consisting of teaching two courses per semester, conducting research, and light service duties. The appointment is initially for two semesters (August 15, 2023 - May 15, 2024) but is renewable for two additional years contingent upon funding and performance. The research area is open to any research area in that is currently an active research area in the SMSS.
About the School of Mathematical & Statistical Sciences:Qualifications:
The School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences is dedicated to Clemson’s overall mission of discovery, learning and engagement. The School’s faculty includes tenure/tenure track faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and lecturer-track faculty and fosters professional growth for all faculty. The School offers the full range of Baccalaureate, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees.
The School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences is organized into three Divisions:
• Mathematics: includes faculty in Algebra and Discrete Mathematics, Computational Mathematics, and Pure and Applied Analysis.
• Statistics and Operations Research: includes faculty in Applied Statistics and Data Science, Operations Research, and Probability and Mathematical Statistics.
• Mathematics and Statistics Education: includes faculty in Mathematics Education and Statistics Education. Lecturers (of all ranks) belong to the Mathematics and Statistics Education division.
For more information about the department or School and its programs, please visit the website http://www.math.clemson.edu . For more information about Clemson, please visit the website http://www.clemson.edu/.
Must have a PhD in mathematics or a related fieldApplication Instructions:
For full consideration, applications should be submitted by March 19, 2023. Review will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants should submit the following items via Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/122232.
(1) Cover letter must indicate which faculty their research overlaps with and who could serve as their research mentor
(2) Curriculum Vitae
(3) Research statement
(4) Teaching statement
(5) Unofficial graduate transcript
(6) Four letters of reference at least one of which addresses the applicant’s teachingEqual Employment Opportunity Statement:
Clemson University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Clemson University is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.