Social Worker, Behavioral Health (Hybrid-Remote)
- Johns Hopkins University
- Administrative Jobs
- Student Affairs, Counseling
- Employment Type
- Part Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Location:Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Edgewater, MD 21037
Category:Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
Johns Hopkins Behavioural Health Services in Annapolis, MD is hiring for a Clinical Social Worker.
This is a hybrid-remote position that will assist at the department's 3 locations:
- Annapolis (onsite and virtual telemedicine) - primary work site location
- 40 hours per week
- Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
- Weekend work NOT required
- Provides behavioral health assessment, therapy and care coordination services using an integrated care model at assigned primary care sites. Will receive weekly consultation from psychiatrist.
- Serves as the primary interface for patients to access services such as behavioral health screening, assessment, brief treatment, consultative services, education and engagement, linkages, outreach and advocacy, and peer/family counseling and support.
- Responsible for the delivery of patient centered mental health, substance abuse, and health behavior care to assigned patients in the community as well as designated primary care or acute care sites, working under the supervision of the Senior Program Manager, with oversight of a psychiatrist, and in the context of a team.
- Works with physicians, case managers, community health workers, mid-levels, primary care providers, or inpatient medical teams and patients and family members to promote qualitative and efficient use of health care services through the patient's behavioral changes and modifying the care delivery system.
- Responds to all requests for new patient evaluations in a timely manner.
- Evaluates all new patients using established clinical evaluations developed.
- Establishes initial and on-going therapeutic relationship with OBHI/JMAP/and other grant funded program patients.
- Communicates results of assessment to staff involved in patients' care.
- Participates in development of an initial plan of care to address prioritized needs of patient.
- Provides ongoing services as prescribed on plan of care.
- Makes referrals for additional services as needed.
- Assists patients in securing resources.
- Engages with community resources to ensure patient is receiving necessary services.
- Provides mental health, substance abuse, and health behavior services using best practice models of care and interventions.
- Coordinates care with other OBHI/JMAP/other grant funded program providers and team members.
- Re-evaluates plan of care with patient and other treatment providers.
- Provides outreach to patients if he/she disengages from treatment.
- Provides crisis intervention as needed.
- MS Social Work from an accredited school of social work is required.
- Licensed by the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners at the LCSW-C or LCPC level is required.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience providing behavioral health treatment services, preferably working and delivering ongoing care to identified population in primary care or acute hospital setting.
- Knowledge of mental illness, substance abuse, health behaviors, patient engagement, and community resources.
- Knowledge of developmental theory
- Candidate needs to be competent in utilizing skills from multiple treatment modalities including: Motivational interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Behavioral activation, Trauma Informed Care; and must either have skills or willingness to learn office-based substance use disorder interventions and Health Behavior interventions.
- Knowledge of best practice suicidality assessment and intervention
- Knowledge of crisis/safety planning
- Knowledge of state and local behavioral health system of care
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/social-worker-behavioral-health-hybrid-remote-allied-health-clinical-professional-us-md-edgewater-johns-hop-2943-d7b89/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-db546b1511a3034ab13f2caa09a02b32
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert