Position Summary: The IT Help Desk Technician is responsible for the operation of the IT Services Help Desk. This role provides both Level 1 and 2 Help Desk support and ensures the efficient delivery of high touch, high quality, and timely customer services to the campus community by establishing and following standard procedures and tracking tickets to closure. This position also assists with the recruitment and training of IT student workers. This Position might require occasional evenings and weekend hours and reports to the User Services Manager.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the IT help desk and delivery of IT support services to the university community.
- Provide Level 1 and 2 support at the help desk and coordinate escalation to other IT team members as needed.
- Ensure timeliness and quality of support and services by monitoring help desk queues, status, description, and resolution.
- Maintain help desk statistics and work with IT staff to review and identify recurring issues, patterns, or opportunities and make recommendations for proactive adjustments.
- Develop and maintain help desk and departmental policies, procedures, and documentation to ensure a competent and professional experience for the university community.
- Coordinate IT-related communications to the university community using all available and appropriate communication platforms.
- Provide one-on-one and small group training to community members.
- Administer Help Desk software.
- Maintain IT Services departmental web pages.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Associate Degree required; Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology areas desired.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in a technical help desk environment with at least 2 years of supervisory and team-building experience required.
- Extensive hands-on troubleshooting and support experience with Windows Desktop Operating Systems, Apple IOS, and Android devices required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, group policies, network topology and how it interacts with desktop environment required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Office 365 services (Exchange Online, Skype for Business, SharePoint, and One Drive), and Adobe Creative Cloud strongly desired.
- Working knowledge of audio and video multi-media technologies desired.
- CompTIA A+ Certification desired.
- ITIL v4 certification desired.
- Exceptional commitment to customer service with a customer-first focus.
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with diverse groups and translate complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform primary functions.
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must reach, bend, stoop, lift
- Must sit, walk or stand
- Some repetitive motion may be required
- Can be scheduled for up to 40 hours a week; occasional evenings and weekends required.
- Varying workflow; sometimes stressful with high workload times of the year
- Complete work required within a limited space
- Complete work required within a limited time
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision, and values.
For more information about diversity, equity, and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit http://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.