- Jarvis Christian College
- Hawkins, Texas (US)
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Business & Financial Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
- Bachelor’s degree required Payroll and/or accounting experience is required Ability to be organized and produce accurate results while meeting established deadlines, Ability to manage multiple priorities with frequent interruption. Ability to handle confidential matters. Proficiency with computer based software including Word, Excel, and Windows and the ability to learn in-house computer software. Extensive data entry skills, spreadsheet, and word processing proficiency required. Proficiency with desktop calculator. Demonstrated customer services skills, ability to relate effectively and tactfully with all levels of the organization. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written communications. Ability to work individually and as a team member
- Responsible for the maintenance of employment and payroll records and processing of the University payroll Process all payrolls timely and with efficiency Ensure all federal taxes are paid timely Assure confidentiality and security of records and information Assist with processing paperwork for new hires, terminations, and employee changes Prepare internal payroll reports as needed Comply with all federal, state, and University policies and regulations Prepare payments associated with payroll File documents into appropriate files in a timely manner; File and maintain employment records; Reconcile payroll accounts on a monthly and yearly basis Assist with cost analysis projects, program reviews, and external reporting as needed
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Demonstrates knowledge of
- Payroll laws
- Compliance and internal controls
- Department of Labor guidelines
- University policy and procedures
- Sound work ethics
SUPERVISION AND EVALUATION
- Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the immediate supervisor in accordance with provisions of the Jarvis Christian University Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Success in the workplace depends on a strong commitment to the tasks assigned, respect for others and confidentiality in handling, and dealing with prospects, and sensitive constituent information Honesty, integrity, and treating others with respect are expected at all times. Good presentation skills which include, but not limited to, professional dress/business attire, excellent personal grooming, and excellent verbal, as well as, written skills.
- Assume responsibility for own professional growth and development, keeping current of best practices in area of responsibility
- Adhere to the Jarvis Christian University Code of Ethics
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Twelve (12) month position
Approved by Supervisor______________________________________ Date___________
Reviewed & Agreed to by Employee____________________________ Date___________
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Jarvis Christian University is committed to diversity in our faculty, staff, and student body.
Jarvis Christian University is an "equal opportunity employer." The University will not discriminate and will take "affirmative action" measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.
Mission of Jarvis Christian University: Jarvis Christian University is a historically Black liberal arts, four-year institution affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). The mission of the college is to prepare a diverse population of lifelong learners intellectually, socially, spiritually, and personally through providing interactive services and using varied modalities of instructional delivery.
HWY 80 @ PR 7631
PO Box 1470
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert