Adjunct Instructors for Arts, Humanities, and Social SciencesType of Position:
LSC-O is seeking applications for adjunct instructors in the following areas; Art, Criminal Justice, Drama, English, French, History, Government, Music, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish, and Speech. Qualifications:
Adjunct instructors in the Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences Department report to the Director of the division and/or the program director. The role and mission of LSC-O places major emphasis upon the teaching component. Therefore, the instructional faculty positions at LSC-O have an emphasis on teaching, scholarship, and service. Duties and responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Participate as member of teaching team in preparation and presentation of learning experience with department curriculum.
2. Evaluate student performance in relation to course objectives.
3. Participate in student advising/counseling activities.
4. Provide unit objectives and requirements at beginning of course.
5. Provide information regarding attendance/tardy procedures.
6. Maintain hours that will allow for conferences with students.
7. Maintain accurate class records of student grades and attendance.
8. Prepare and present instruction in a manner that is clear and organized.
9. Provide an environment conducive to learning.
10. Establish and maintain a positive professional relationship with colleagues, students, and the community.
11. Pursue opportunities for professional development and service.
12. Keep informed of new technology and approaches to learning.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Other similar duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS Salary:
Master’s Degree from an accredited institution with 18 hours in the specific discipline.
3-5 years of experience as a classroom instructor. University/College level teaching experience preferred.
Ambulatory; cognitive; normal speech/communication; normal written communication; normal or corrected visual acuity; normal or corrected hearing; and moderate travel required; frequent standing and sitting. Moderate lifting, pushing, pulling, and carrying objects up to 20 pounds; operation of a personal computer and other various office equipment; infrequent stooping, bending, sorting, and filing.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215.
Normal office environment.
Part-time and flexible scheduling. Must comply with established College standards and policies.
AS28POpen Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered, all documents must be provided on or before the closing date. If you are unable to attach documents electronically, you may fax them to Human Resources at 409-670-9391 or email to HumanResources@lsco.edu. Official transcripts must be provided at time of employment.