Head Men’s & Women’s Swim Coach/Director of Aquatics
- Juniata College
- Huntingdon, PA
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Athletics
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Head Men’s & Women’s Swim Coach/Director of AquaticsPosting Number:
Starting Salary $53,400Position Type:
AdministrationKey Responsibilities :
Juniata College invites applications for a full-time, twelve-month position of Head Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach/Director of Aquatics. Juniata is a co-educational, liberal arts college, highly regarded for its academic excellence. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; the organization and administration of a successful NCAA Division III swim program, management and oversight of campus aquatics activities, scheduling and coordinating the use of Binder Natatorium.
Juniata is a founding member of the highly regarded Landmark Conference, which is committed to conducting intercollegiate athletics programs in a way that recognizes, as paramount, the centrality of the academic mission at each member institution.
The Head Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach/Director of Aquatics is responsible for all aspects of the Men’s and Women’s Swim programs at Juniata, including but not limited to:
• Provide vision and build a positive team culture committed to the welfare of our student-athletes, a positive representation of the college, academic excellence, citizenship and competitive success.
• Practice organizations, planning, scheduling, preparation and execution.
• Scheduling of practices, competitions, organizing and running all home competitions.
• Recruit and retain qualified student-athletes to both the men’s and women’s programs
• Develop and meet recruitment/roster goals in consultation with the Director of Athletics.
• Provide support, oversight and assistance to student-athletes with regards to academic performance, planning and success.
• Effectively manage all aspects of the program’s budget including the purchase of all athletic gear and supplies and the management of the program’s travel and recruiting budgets.
• Ensure adherence to the rules, regulations and policies of all governing bodies- Juniata College Athletics, Juniata College, Landmark Conference and NCAA Division III
• Participate in overall administration of the Athletics Department by representing the office as requested and cooperatively assisting colleagues. This includes attending all mandatory department activities and functions, membership on department and campus committees, and participation upon request in enrollment, fundraising and/or promotional events.
• Serve as the Aquatics Director for the Binder Natatorium which includes scheduling, management of lifeguards and community engagement
Juniata College is committed to cultivating an equity-minded and equity-engaged campus culture, one that is inclusive and supportive of its students, faculty, and staff. We believe that all members of the College community share the responsibility to engage, sustain, and leverage an interconnected learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and a sense of belonging is explicit. Juniata’s strategic mission promotes diversity in every expression, and amplifies the College’s commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and access. We aim to evolve into a more global, equitable and ethical community, where all Juniatians live a life of inclusive belonging needed for becoming leaders who value and embrace human interconnectedness and dignity. Juniata invites and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.AA/EOE
Bachelor Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred. The ideal candidate will have previous coaching and/or competitive swimming experience at the collegiate level, as well as, an understanding of the Division III philosophy and its role at a private liberal arts institution.
Candidates must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills, communicate effectively, and demonstrate a willingness to work in a team-oriented environment that values community.
Valid driver’s license required, clear of major violations. Juniata College reserves the right to review driving records to determine suitability for position.
Reports to the Director of AthleticsPreferred Qualifications:
See position qualificationsSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
To promote and sustain the health and safety of our campus community, Juniata College strongly encourages the Covid-19 vaccine and bivalent booster for all Faculty and staff.Open Date:
02/08/2023Open Until Filled:
Working at Juniata College
Juniata College's mission is to provide an engaging personalized educational experience empowering our students to develop the skills, knowledge and values that lead to a fulfilling life of service and ethical leadership in the global community.
Founded in 1876, Juniata is a national liberal arts college located in the scenic Allegheny Mountain region of central Pennsylvania and is the intellectual home for 1,600 students and nearly 14,000 alumni. The College ranks highly in the percentage of graduates that eventually earn doctoral degrees. Juniata integrates international, intercultural and global dimensions into its curriculum and experiential learning opportunities and was awarded the 2012 Paul Simon Award for Comprehensive Internationalization. Juniata is known for the personal attention it gives to students and flexible areas of study (its Program of Emphasis resembles a major but is more flexible, encouraging students to design a program of study and justify their choices. About a third of Juniata students self-design their entire POE.) Each student is assigned two faculty advisers, and the average student-faculty ratio is 13:1.
Juniata is a very strong community where student involvement is paramount. There are no fraternities or sororities. The student clubs and organizations (over 90 currently) have a positive impact on the Juniata community and on the larger community of Huntingdon and the surrounding area.
Juniata College takes positive steps to enhance diversity in both its community and its curriculum. The College commits to this policy not because of legal obligations but because it fully believes that such practices are basic to human dignity. AA/EEO
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert