DIRECTOR OF RESIDENTIAL LIFE AND COMMUNITY STANDARDS
The Department of Student Life at Bridgewater College is seeking a Director of Residential Life and Community Standards to oversee the residential and conduct experience for a diverse student body. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Student Life, this 12-month position will oversee a 1500 bed residence hall system and be the primary conduct officer for the College.
Essential responsibilities of the Director of Residential Life and Community Standards include, but are not limited to:
- Focusing leadership on the delivery of a quality program built on best practices for residence life programs that bring value and impact: student retention, engagement, facility management, student employee training and development, and training programs for all levels of staff.
- Providing supervision and oversight for the Assistance Director, Area Coordinators, and student staff in residence life.
- Providing vision and strategic direction for residence life and student conduct.
- Building, developing, training, and evaluating a strong leadership team committed to student learning, quality services, engaging communities, and collaborative relationships that touch all corners of the institution.
- Ensuring due process and the timely and equitable treatment of all parties engaged in the student conduct system.
- Maintaining, revising, and publishing the Bridgewater College Eagle Student Handbook.
- Serving as a member of the College’s CARE Team.
- Exhibiting a willingness to participate in inter-departmental initiatives that serve the College’s mission.
- A master's degree in Higher Education Administration or a related field (required)
- Previous Director-level experience in a comprehensive housing and residence life program that includes supervision of professional staff (preferred)
- Previous training and experience with restorative practices and initiatives
- Familiarity with Maxient (or similar software)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- The ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- The ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated commitment to working with and supporting students from diverse backgrounds.
Pay is competitive, and salary is commensurate with experience. This full-time position offers full benefits, including paid tuition at the College for dependents. Review of applications to begin immediately.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Bridgewater offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in more than 60 majors and minors, along with pre-professional programs such as medicine and law, dual degree programs and teacher certification. The College is a member of NCAA Division III and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, with 23 intercollegiate athletic teams. The vibrant 300-acre residential campus is located in the town of Bridgewater, Virginia, near the city of Harrisonburg in the center of the Shenandoah Valley. An excellent school system, healthy business environment, numerous arts and cultural events, the state's lowest crime rate, and a variety of outdoor opportunities and historic attractions draw many to the region.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY: Please complete the online application at www.bridgewater.edu/careers, supplying a CV and cover letter demonstrating your interest and ability, along with names and contact information of three references. Please direct queries to Human Resources (email@example.com.).
DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Bridgewater College, an equal opportunity provider and employer, is a welcoming and vibrant community committed to supporting a diverse workforce and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or any characteristic protected by law.
ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT AND ANNUAL FIRE SAFETY REPORT: The Bridgewater College Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report summarizes policies on campus security and personal safety, crime prevention, fire safety, and crime reporting, and includes crime and fire statistics for the past three years: Annual Security Report
To request a printed copy, please call 540-828-5761