Police Officer - Cochran Campus
- Middle Georgia State University
- MGA Cochran
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Safety & Security
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Location: MGA Cochran
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 254999
Middle Georgia State University (MGA), a multi-campus, baccalaureate and graduate degree granting public institution, is the most affordable public state university in Georgia. MGA has five campuses—Macon, Cochran, Dublin, Eastman, and Warner Robins, all located in central Georgia—and global outreach through its fully-online campus. Its enrollment of 8,000 students is largely comprised of students from most of Georgia’s 159 counties. The University has six academic schools, including Georgia’s flagship aviation university, that support its mission to educate and graduate inspired, lifelong learners whose scholarship and careers enhance the region through professional leadership, innovative partnerships and community engagement.Job Summary This position is responsible for enforcing state and local laws as well as campus regulations and for protecting life and property for Middle Georgia State University. Responsibilities
- Patrols to detect and deter crime and to offer assistance when needed. Enforces parking regulations; issues citations. Prepares required reports. Checks the security of buildings. Investigates suspicious activities or persons. Investigates traffic accidents and criminal or non-criminal incidents. Makes arrests and issue citations to individuals who have committed a crime. Testifies in court as required. Provides assistance to motorists. Responds to emergency incidents. Provides security and traffic enforcement at special events. Respond to calls for maintenance issues and relay information as needed. Performs related duties. Assist local jurisdictions as outlined in the Georgia mutual aid act.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent. Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position. Ability to meet current requirements set forth by the Police Standards and Training Council for the State of Georgia. Ability to attend and successful complete basic police academy.Ability to successfully pass department background investigation.Ability to successfully pass Human Resources background investigation.
- Post-certified peace officer with knowledge of public safety principles as related to university campuses.Knowledge of modern law enforcement principles and practices.Knowledge of community policing principles.Knowledge of emergency preparedness, response and recovery principles.Skill in the operation of specialized law enforcement equipment.
- Knowledge of modern law enforcement principles and practices.Knowledge of community policing principles.Knowledge of emergency preparedness, response and recovery principles.Knowledge of public safety principles as related to college campuses.Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority.Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.Skill in decision making and problem solving.Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.Skill in oral and written communication.
- Health insuranceDental VisionFlexible Spending Account (FSA)Health Savings Account (HSA)Life InsuranceSick LeaveVacation LeaveParental LeaveRetirementEmployee discountsTuition reimbursement
Offer of employment is contingent upon a successful background check.Special Applicant Instructions Position has multiple job openings for Cochran campus. You will only need to apply for one to be considered for all openings.
One of 31 institutions in the University System of Georgia, Middle Georgia State was created in 2013 by the consolidation of Macon State College and Middle Georgia College.
Middle Georgia State College strives to offer bachelor’s degrees that enhance the educational, economic, and cultural lives of Middle Georgians. Additionally, the college offers a wide array of associate’s degrees that meet the educational interests of traditional and non-traditional students in the region. With low tuition, robust financial aid, a commitment to the success of each student and a vibrant residence life program on three of our five campuses, Middle Georgia State promises an affordable, challenging, and rewarding college experience leading to degrees of proven quality. Our success is measured best by the accomplishments of our graduates in their chosen professions, as well as by the contributions they make to their communities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert