Adjunct Faculty for Master of Athletic Training Program
- Chatham University
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Part Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Adjunct Faculty - Master of Athletic Training Program
Chatham University continues to expand and enhance its CAATE-accredited Master Athletic Training Program and is seeking qualified candidates for Adjunct Faculty to teach various courses.
Candidates with a background in Athletic Training, Performance Enhancement, Rehabilitation Science, or related fields are encouraged to apply. Classes may be offered in a traditional, synchronous, or asynchronous manner, depending on the course.
Chatham University strives to promote a campus environment that understands and embraces multiculturalism while increasing individuals' intercultural competence. We actively work to build and sustain a diverse and culturally vibrant campus, which promotes employee and student success and retention. Learn more at: https://www.chatham.edu/mission-and-values/diversity-and-inclusion/index.html.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position's primary responsibility is teaching.
- We welcome adjunct faculty who will collaborate on course development for the Athletic Training program curriculum, as the field is constantly evolving.
- Participation in departmental meetings and university training may be requested at times for adjunct faculty.
- A master's degree is required.
- Practical experience outside of academia in exercise science or related field.
- Candidates with a combination of academic and practical experience are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Experience teaching in a CAATE accredited Athletic Training curriculum.
- A doctoral degree in Athletic Training or a related discipline.
- Prior teaching experience is preferred.
How to Apply:
Applications accepted only via www.chatham.edu/careers (direct link is https://chatham.applicantpro.com/jobs/2787100.html) and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration, please include:
- Cover Letter outlining your qualifications for the positionCurriculum Vitae or ResumeContact information for three professional references
All application materials should be uploaded in the "Resume" section at the same time at the time of application. The system will not allow applicants to make edits to their applications after submission.
Chatham University offers competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Persons of color, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.Chatham Universityhttps://chatham.applicantpro.com
Founded in 1869, Chatham University is a fully coed institution with an enrollment of over 2,200 students and over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: health & sustainability; business & communication; and the arts & sciences. Chatham is the alma mater of environmental icon Rachel Carson ’29, and is recognized as a leader in the field of sustainability, having been selected as one of the Top 50 Green Colleges by The Princeton Review; ranked in the top five nationally for sustainability achievements in the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS); and mentioned in a 2012 Forbes article as one of the places "contributing to Pittsburgh's transformation into a destination for green living."
Building on these accomplishments, Chatham opened in 2014 the world's first fully sustainable campus in higher education, Eden Hall Campus. Consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News & World Report in the Regional Universities North category, Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science & Business; and the School for Continuing & Professional Studies.
Accreditation The University is accredited by the:
· Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
· Pennsylvania Department of Education
· Pennsylvania Department of Education Teacher Certification Program
· Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education
· Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant
· American Chemical Society
· American Psychology Association
· Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
· Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
· Council for Interior Design Accreditation
· Council on Social Work Education
· International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education
· Masters in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council
Mission Statement Chatham University prepares its students to build lives of purpose, value, and fulfilling work. Through professional skill development and liberal arts learning, Chatham prepares its graduates to be informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize and respect diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to live sustainably.
Student Life Students at Chatham University immerse themselves in academics, co-curricular activities, and city life here in Pittsburgh, PA. At Chatham University, you’ll find an academic and social environment where everyone, from professors in the classroom to strong alumnae/alumni networks to fellow students, cares about your future. The Office of Student Affairs at Chatham is committed to assisting students in becoming active members of the campus community through a variety of programs and services. Student Affairs staff members are here to help Chatham students stretch their imaginations, learn about themselves, discover the world, and achieve their aspirations. Chatham University has a lot in store for students outside the classroom.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert