Adjunct Instructor: English Language Learners (ELL)
- Hagerstown Community College
- Hagerstown, MD
- Faculty Jobs
- Arts & Humanities, English Literature & Composition, English As A Second Language
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
The Program of Adult Literacy Services (PALS) Adjunct for English Language Learners (ELL) will teach part-time at off-site locations. The PALS ELL instructor will implement and adhere to the standards set forth by the MD Department of Labor (MD DOL) and Hagerstown Community College Program of Adult Literacy Services.
- Create a classroom learning environment in which assigned students make measurable progress toward identified educational goals as indicated by the successful completion of lessons aligned to the English Language Proficiency Standards and the Maryland Content Standards for Adult ESL/ESOL students.
- Provide instruction in a variety of methods to include whole group, small group and individualized instruction consistent with approved curriculum.
- Plan and organize time, in advance, to provide for effective instruction.
- Use formal and informal assessment tools to provide reliable and valid appraisal of student skills and achievement.
- Maintain and submit program and instructional records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Create a physical and interpersonal climate that is conducive to learning.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
BS or BA with TESOL certification or MS or MA preferred. Training and experience in Adult Education preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Organizational skills, a self-directed work ethic and a demonstrated teaching effectiveness is required. Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff, and administrators is necessary.
Hagerstown Community College (HCC) was founded in 1946 as the first of its kind in Maryland. More than 100 programs of study are available for university transfer, career preparation, and personal enrichment. HCC also offers non-credit continuing education courses and customized training programs, as well as remedial and developmental courses to help students prepare for college-level offerings. Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, HCC awards associate degrees, certificates, and letters of recognition.
HCC employs approximately 540 individuals each year in full and part-time positions. Hundreds of student workers and campus volunteers also serve the campus community.
11400 Robinwood Dr.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert