- Front Range Community College
- Westminster, CO
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Business & Financial Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Who We Are
With three campuses along Colorado’s Front Range, Front Range Community College is the state’s largest community college. We enroll close to 28,000 students annually from our diverse service area, which offers a variety of cultural and recreational activities.
Each year approximately 5,000 FRCC students transfer to four-year universities. FRCC offers more than 36 career training programs that prepare students for immediate employment and rewarding careers. Last year, more than 5,000 high school students took concurrent enrollment classes with us, earning college credit without having to pay college tuition. And we were recently ranked as one of the “Top Online Colleges” in the country by Newsweek.
One of FRCC’s main goals is to offer educational excellence for everyone. The college’s strong commitment to student success means we start by creating an inclusive and equitable environment—one where both students and employees feel they belong and are supported. FRCC’s focus on diversity, equity and inclusion is woven into the fabric of our college conversations and decision-making processes. We are actively seeking to hire a workforce that reflects the diversity of our student body.
The college is also an emerging Hispanic Serving Institution. For us, becoming an HSI is an intentional commitment to being a college where our Latinx (and other historically marginalized) students thrive.
FRCC employees and leaders work hard to create a culture of collaboration, innovation and pride. We’re looking to hire people who share these values—along with our commitment to student success, equity and excellence.
Who You Are
As the Assistant Controller reporting to the Controller, you will be responsible for providing technical, developmental and managerial leadership with the College’s financial affairs, to include accounting, accounts receivable, and disbursement services. You will assist the Controller in leading a complex team through developing and supporting a positive Department culture that embraces confidence, integrity, innovation, trust, diversity, equity and inclusion. In this position you will have direct supervisory responsibilities within the Department and will serve as a coach and mentor for all positions within the Department.
As the Assistant Controller, you are a strategic-minded leader, who possesses outstanding planning and accounting skills and experience in managing financial operations to support the goals of the College while supporting the College mission, vision and values.
Please note: This is an on-campus position with an opportunity for remote work. You need to be a Colorado resident on your first day of employment.
SALARY: $105,000 to $110,000 annually
BENEFITS: Please click here to find more information about APT & Faculty Benefits
SELECTION PROCESS: Position will remain open until filled with a priority deadline of March 16, 2023. This posting may be used to fill multiple or similar positions.
Preliminary screening will be made on the basis of completed application package submitted by candidate. In your application please include a resume and cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with requirements, qualification and responsibilities of the Assistant Controller.
At FRCC, masks are optional, but we allow individual staff and faculty to request students and colleagues wear masks in offices or in class.
Process Management – Accounting Controls
- Supports and develops a positive Department culture that embraces quality, process efficiency, innovation, trust, equity, inclusion, and diversity.
- Accounting and Finance: Serve as the College’s accounting subject matter expert with a focus on effective processes and technical proficiency that ultimately deliver accurate and timely fiscal records and financial statements.
- Communication (Oral and Written): Utilize strong oral and written communication skills to share critical accounting information and concepts with a wide variety of audiences.
- Organizational skills: Plan, develop, and maintain Department structures, projects and processes that support clear and robust accounting practices and staff professional development at both the College and System level. Manages multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Critical Thinking: Understand, analyze and summarize complex accounting and financial information. Evaluate and streamline accounting and student-centered processes.
- Ethics: Works with high levels of diplomacy, confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information.
- Collaboration: Works effectively with students, faculty, staff, administration and external stakeholders to understand their needs and utilize judgement on how to build relationships.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Champion equity and inclusion within the College and the Department through policies and practices that support all staff, students and visitors.
- Leadership: Manages a broad team of professionals who complete and support a variety of functional tasks and processes and serve a diverse multi-campus organization.
- Goal Attainment: Sets and achieves goals related to timelines and project management.
Required Education/Training & Work Experience:
Front Range Community College (FRCC) is the largest community college in Colorado, enrolling close to 30,000 credit students annually. The college has a detailed strategic plan focused on improving student graduation and transfer rates, a strong assessment program, and invests heavily in professional development for faculty and instructors, including four faculty reassigned to be instructional coaches. The college has a strong commitment to diversity and is actively involved in a discussion about how to create inclusive communities.
2190 Miller Dr.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert