Aquatic Center Coordinator
- Denison University
- Granville, OH
- Employment Type
- Part Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Aquatic Center CoordinatorPosition Number:
CA3023Pay Grade Level:
S 121301118Full or Part Time:
Part TimeWork Schedule:
This facility will need aquatic facility supervisors during evening hours , early morning hours and weekend hours. Aquatic Facility Coordinators will be placed on rotating schedule and must be flexible with shift rotation.Basic Function:
It is the responsibility of the Aquatic Facility Coordinator to ensure successful operations of the Trumbull Aquatic Center during the evening, early morning and weekend hours when Aquatic Center Professional Staff are not present and to assist Aquatic Center Professional Staff during summer periods.Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure all evening lifeguard staff is present for shifts. If not, coordinates to get shift covered or guards the shift
- Perform a complete round of the entire aquatics center every 15 minutes, checking for hazards and safety concerns, entry control issues, doors properly locked, etc.
- Performs a complete round to each lifeguard station every 10 minutes, checking to make sure guards are fine. Will not talk to guards for more than 30 seconds.
- Conducts Spot Check Drills 4 times a week to ensure staff alertness
- Supervise Pump Room when Professional Staff is not present. This includes, but is not limited to: Taking titrations, cleaning chlorine lines, changing CO2 tanks.
- Act as the point person for all Emergency Action Plans and all emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Coordinate and ensure all Emergency Action Plans are followed correctly. Ensures that coaching and training staffs only assist lifeguards as secondary responders
- Assist professional staff with set-up and clean-up of the facility for events
- Attend the event and act as a liaison between the Aquatic Staff and patrons
- Ensure patrons are not entering the competition area
- Ensure spectators are clear of all fire lanes and equipment on the Mezzanine
- Maintain record of shift by completely and accurately filling out the Special Event Manager report
- Ensure all accident and incident reports are filled out properly and completely
- Open and/or close the pool and other essential areas as needed
- Perform lifeguard duties as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Assign lane space to each group that has been approved to have space in the Trumbull Aquatic Center
- Coordinate lane changes and course changes with clubs, team, etc.
- Assist in moving bulkhead as needed
- Ensure lane closure signs are placed in a timely manner and in the appropriate places
- Perform other duties as assigned
MUST Hold Certification in the following:
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training
- American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- American Red Cross Emergency Oxygen Administration
- American Red Cross Preventing Disease Transmission
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor
Chris Crume, Director of Aquatic CenterContact Phone/Extension:
11/15/2022Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Hired candidates must provide documentation of required certifications for this position.
Hired candidates are subject to background check.
In our ongoing efforts to support the health of our community, operate our campus safely, and comply with federal requirements, Denison requires all new employees, both faculty and staff, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an authorized exemption is approved. For more information and resources regarding this policy as a condition of employment, please visit https://denison.edu/campus/covid19.
Position is open until filled. Candidates applying before 12/12/22 will be assured full consideration.Denison University Background Check Statement:
The final candidate will undergo a background check as a conditional offer of employment.Denison University EEO Statement :
Denison University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To achieve our mission as a liberal arts college, we continually strive to attract and hire candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences and identities. Denison fosters a campus community that recognizes the value of all persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender expression and identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socio-economic background. For additional information and resources about diversity at Denison, please see our commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and antiracism (IDEA) at Denison Forward.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (740)587-6299 or by email at [email protected].
<p> </p> <p>As one of the nation's leading liberal arts colleges, Denison offers an authentic education in the fine arts, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences. Founded in 1831, Denison is one of the earliest colleges to be established in the old “Northwest Territory,” west of the Allegheny Mountains and north of the Ohio River. Denison is located in Granville, Ohio; 27 miles east of Columbus, the state capital.<img alt="denison_university1.jpg" src="http://www.insidehighered.com/careers/styles/medium/public/images/institution_profile/uploads/denison_university1.jpg" style="border-width: 2px; border-style: solid; margin: 5px; float: right;" typeof="foaf:Image" /></p> <p>Innovative faculty and motivated students collaborate in the pursuit of knowledge and the cultivation of independent thinking. And because Denison is a residential college, students are deeply engaged as citizens of the campus community. They learn from one another in a rigorous academic setting, but also in rich social, cultural and political environments.</p> <p>As a residential undergraduate liberal arts college, Denison is among those places that have been called “distinctively American” in their contribution to higher education worldwide. In fact, it is one of a select number of institutions that today defines the type.</p> <p>Confident in the distinction of its graduates and advantaged by unusual resources, Denison has pointedly resisted the tendency in higher education to add layers of graduate degrees, professional schools, and service functions beyond the scope of baccalaureate education of the highest order. Entering its 177th year, Denison has maintained a fully residential campus based upon the well-tested premise that learning flourishes in community.</p> <p>Denison selectively admits successful, confident, and motivated students who seek to take advantage of highly participatory learning within classroom, laboratory, and studio and who expect to learn and grow through their investment in the challenges and opportunities of college life.<br /> The college attracts matriculants from across the country and more than three dozen nations. Denison engages students with outstanding professors in small classes that encourage men and women to take a high degree of personal responsibility for learning. Students pursue a major field of study selected from 39 areas offered by 28 disciplinary departments and interdisciplinary programs in the divisions of Natural Science, Humanities, Social Science, and Fine Arts as well as complete a sequence of General Education and a personalized curriculum of electives from across the college.</p> <p><img alt="denison_university2.jpg" src="http://www.insidehighered.com/careers/styles/medium/public/images/institution_profile/uploads/denison_university2.jpg" style="border-width: 2px; border-style: solid; margin: 5px; float: left;" typeof="foaf:Image" />A Denison education is not just for a living but for a life. Denison graduates are educated to be curious, resourceful, and reflective. They are expected to begin a life of learning at Denison, not complete it. They are well prepared for the rapidly changing world of the 21st century.</p> <p>Nothing defines a Denison education more than the mutually enriching relationships that develop between students and faculty. The heart of the college is a full-time faculty of almost 200. These men and women, who hold the most advanced degrees in their fields, are selected on the basis of pedagogical and scholarly ability and are encouraged to be innovative teachers whose continuing growth in their discipline through active scholarship allows them to be among the best at their craft. They look forward to the challenge and stimulation of their students even as they seek to draw the best efforts from them. Many Denison students come to regard professors as mentors, who frequently oversee students' independent scholarly projects.</p> <p>Denison’s faculty is committed to undergraduate education. As teacher-scholar-advisers, their principal responsibility is effective teaching informed by the best scholarship. Faculty members place a priority on working closely with students, interactive learning, and partnerships with students in original research. Denison’s low student/faculty ratio allows for close supervision of independent research and collaborative work in small groups and classes.</p> <p><img alt="denison_university3.jpg" src="http://www.insidehighered.com/careers/styles/medium/public/images/institution_profile/uploads/denison_university3.jpg" style="border-width: 2px; border-style: solid; margin: 5px; float: right;" typeof="foaf:Image" /></p> <p>At Denison, men and women learn and grow in community, and the residential character of the campus is more than a convenience but a way of engaging the full student body in a shared enterprise. The college actively seeks academically superior students who bring diverse talents, interests, backgrounds, and experiences, believing that out of the classroom as well as within learning takes place by sharing, questioning, and growing together. Denison students have unusual opportunities to participate in the arts, in athletics and recreation, in service to others beyond the campus, in student organizational life, and in campus governance.</p> <p> </p>
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert