Assistant/Associate Professor of Teacher Education - Elementary Education
- Crown College
- Saint Bonifacius, Minnesota
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Teacher Education
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Full-Time, On Campus
Expected start July 1, 2023
Full-time, tenure-track, on campus faculty position teaching undergraduate teacher education courses on campus within the School of Arts and Sciences. Courses include but are not limited to those that prepare students for teaching positions in the K-6 educational system. Supervision of elementary teacher education candidates is required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Teach courses in teacher education according to graduate training and experience. Courses include, but are not limited to, those that prepare students for teaching positions in the K-6 educational system. A normal teaching load is 24 credits each year.
- Supervise elementary education candidates during clinical field experiences and student teaching.
- Advise students in the teacher education program.
- Stay abreast of scholarly developments within one’s teacher licensure area(s), as well as current teaching methodologies, curriculum development, and assessment.
- Demonstrate mastery and scholarship aligned with teacher licensure.
- Contribute to the field of teacher education and/or the profession of college-level teaching.
- Plan and provide theoretical instruction and experiences that reflect an understanding of the philosophy, objectives, and curriculum of Teacher Education department.
- Promptly evaluate student work and achievement of curricular objectives/outcomes related to coursework.
- Participate in strategic planning and vision for the Teacher Education Department.
- Engage in general faculty responsibilities including but not limited to: participation in regular department and faculty meetings, compliance work with PELSB and MACTE as assigned by the Teacher Education Chair, care of students, Crown College committee assignments, and at least 10 hours of scheduled office hours per week to be available to students.
- Support the mission, goals, and objectives of Crown College.
Crown College was started as a small Bible college in Saint Paul, Minnesota in 1916. For over 100 years, Crown has focused on preparing students to live out their faith in the world. Now located 40 minutes west of the Twin Cities, we offer on-campus, online, and graduate degree programs. We have 16 NCAA Division III athletic teams, internship opportunities, and summer outreach programs around the globe. Though a lot has changed, our dedication to helping students grow in their faith has not. Our programs deeply integrate a Christian worldview into every class, helping students to become all that God desires them to be. We look forward to the next 100 years as we continue to innovate Christian higher education.
8700 College View Dr
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert