Adjunct Faculty, Radio-Television-Film
- Austin Community College
- Highland Campus
- Faculty Jobs
- Professional Fields, Communication & Journalism
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
Reflects the diversity of our community
Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:Adjunct Faculty, Radio-Television-Film
Job Description Summary:Responsible to prepare and deliver Radio-TV-Film coursework in engaging, innovative, and discipline-appropriate ways that reflect a commitment to success equity, respect for diversity, an understanding of culturally responsive teaching, and knowledge of the teaching field. Meets professional standards for faculty in accordance with college policies and procedures. Looking for adjunct pool candidates in the areas of cinema studies, TV production, lighting or visual effects, film and emerging media production, scriptwriting and creative podcasting.
The ACC Radio-Television-Film Department cultivates media makers through immersive educational programs in the art, technological craft, and business of digital storytelling. As part of the Arts & Digital Media Division, RTF has recently moved into the new state-of-the-art creative digital media center at the Highland Campus. The RTF facilities include multiple new studios, media post-production and podcasting labs, a foley studio, and screening spaces which support degrees and certificates in areas like Film & Emerging Media Production, Streaming TV & Broadcast Production, Creative Podcasting, and Event Videography. RTF is an integral part of a new larger ecosystem with onsite partners Austin PBS and ACC TV which includes integrated programming/co-creation and industry collaborations unique to Austin’s creative community. Faculty mentors combine award-winning industry experience with teaching expertise. ACC RTF strives to develop agile digital storytellers and technicians through dynamic educational training programs which empower each student towards their educational/career goals on the cutting edge of creative industries.
Job Description:Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare and teach courses in the field of Radio-Television-Film (especially Radio Podcasting, Announcing, Cinema Studies, Visual Effects, TV Studio Production, Broadcast Engineering) to a diverse student population based on the department's approved course learning outcomes, utilizing a variety of instructional strategies appropriate to the needs of community college students and the standards of the discipline.
- Evaluate student progress and provide clear, timely feedback reflecting program learning outcomes and departmental expectations.
- Provide teaching and mentoring services to students in a manner which does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected categories.
- Remain current in the field through a variety of professional development activities.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the department chair, dean, and/or associate vice president, vice president, executive vice president.
- Demonstrated proficiency using appropriate industry standard programs, online resources, and other technologies for the classroom. Demonstrated proficiency using an online learning management system such as Blackboard to develop and build course content and perform administrative duties (posting office hours, syllabi, etc.)
- Meet deadlines for attendance certification and submission of final course grades.
- Maintain regular office hours to assist students and improve student retention and success.
- Recognize and reflect standards of civility and collegiality in all interactions.
- Comply with published college policies and procedures and meet professional standards for teaching in a community college.
- Appropriate use of the college's learning management system.
- Educational requirements in accordance with SACSCOC accreditation standards. See Faculty Credentials at www.austincc.edu/facstaff/faculty-credentials. No substitution for educational requirements.
- Professional experience in one or more of the following: cinema studies, TV production, lighting or visual effects, film and emerging media production, scriptwriting and creative podcasting.
Application must be submitted by the closing date for this position.Criminal Background Check
Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all staff and faculty positions.ACC Benefits OverviewFull-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.Working Conditions
- Work is routinely performed in an office/classroom environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Number of Openings:7
Job Posting Close Date:August 7, 2023Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.Disclaimer
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
The Austin Community College District is the primary gateway to higher education and training for residents in eight Central Texas counties. ACC is among the fastest-growing community colleges in the country, providing access to valuable programs and services that change lives and benefit communities.
Mission and Vision
The Austin Community College District values and respects each individual student. We promote student success and improve communities by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training in the eight-county service area. Community colleges have a diverse, four-part mission:
- General education and academic transfer
- Workforce education
- Foundation programs to get students college-ready
- Lifelong learning (Continuing Education)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert