Director of Institutional Research
- Southern Wesleyan University
- Greenville, SC
- Administrative Jobs
- Academic Affairs, Research Staff & Technicians, Institutional & Business Affairs, Institutional Research & Planning
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
$0.00 per year
Director of Institutional ResearchAccepting applicationsAbout this position
The Director of Institutional Research and Reporting performs all necessary functions related to collecting, managing, and reporting information that supports institutional objectives and decision-making. This position ensures the overall integrity of data, while also coordinating the appropriate accessibility of information required and requested by stakeholders. This position reports to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and is located on Southern Wesleyan University's main campus in Central, South Carolina.
This is a full-time, salaried position with full benefits. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. This position is currently available.
- Serves as liaison to authorities at federal, state, and local levels for data reporting and research studies.
- Prepares institutional, state, and accountability reports according to documented requirements, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Supports the institution’s planning, assessment, grant, and accreditation activities.
- Continuously seeks and implements quality improvement methods related to institutional data governance, including data input processes and technical support for SIS users.
- Manages campus survey administration.
- Represents the institution at meetings related to reporting expectations, taking leadership roles where appropriate, and connects users of data for the purpose of informed decision-making.
- Develops, implements, and maintains processes for collecting, auditing, analyzing, and distributing data from sources including internal systems, state and federal agencies, and other higher education institutions.
- Ensures institution-wide data strategy and monitors the overall integrity of data, complying with requirements from the state, federal, and accrediting agencies and taking appropriate steps to correct data discrepancies when noted.
- Facilitates periodic reviews of data extraction code/programs to ensure consistency with data element descriptions.
- Collaborates with appropriate units in providing and interpreting data as needed for various projects in areas such as finance, human resources, or academic affairs.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited Institution required, a master’s degree is preferred. Degree in computer science, mathematics, or other analytical field preferred.
- Experience in higher education, institutional effectiveness, institutional research, applied research, data management or related fields preferred.
- Experience with student information systems (Jenzabar preferred), visualization software (Power BI preferred), and SQL desired.
- SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals. In addition to the stated qualifications, the ideal candidate will with have a high comfort level with web-based, mobile and PC applications including but not limited to the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). The successful candidate will also have demonstrated proficiency in the following:
- research and data analysis principles and practices
- evaluation and measurement principles
- research instruments
- statistical methods
- mathematical concepts
- data extraction and transformation
- surveying methods
- computer and related software applications, including statistical analysis, spreadsheet, word-processing, statistical software, and database software
- Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The University is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the University’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations.
- Physical/Environmental Requirements
- Visual acuity necessary to do editorial work, proof documents, and manage files.
- Requires ability to sit for periods of time in an interior office environment. May require infrequent lift of objects up to 10 pounds, and occasionally items up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to infrequently work outside of regular work hours for special events, such as registration and orientations.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
Applicants should be prepared to provide a brief written personal Christian testimony. In addition, please be prepared to provide the following digital documents:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vita or resume
Official transcripts will be requested upon offer of employment.About us Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Southern Wesleyan University to provide and maintain equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including but not limited to lactation), disability, genetic information, veteran-status, age, or any other classification protected by state, federal, or local law, unless a bona fide occupational qualification applies. The University reserves its right to operate as a church-related institution and to develop policies consistent with the religious tenets of its sponsoring denomination, The Wesleyan Church, and is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Section 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).University Mission
Southern Wesleyan University is a Christ-centered, student-focused learning community devoted to transforming lives by challenging students to be dedicated scholars and servant-leaders who impact the world for Christ. In addition to specific academic requirements, SWU provides quality undergraduate and graduate programs in a distinctively Christian environment that fosters the integration of faith, learning, and living. Candidates for employment must support the Christian mission of the university and give evidence of successful professional experience, mature faith, and consistent Christian lifestyle.
To view the university's profile, visit About SWU. To learn more about The Wesleyan Church--it's history, beliefs, and position on current issues--visit wesleyan.org/about. Applicants for employment are encouraged to view the following links providing additional information about how our campus community lives out these beliefs and practices.
University Core Values
Christ Centered: Purpose, Scholarship, Community, Transformation
- Purpose: A specific calling for a unique role in our world.
- Scholarship: Academic excellence in an innovative faith-centered environment.
- Community: Belonging to a connected and compassionate body of learners.
- Transformation: Christ’s redemptive work in individual and corporate life.
We believe that every individual has a God given purpose, brought to fruition by the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit and the challenge of scholarship. As we participate in a consecrated community of learners we are continuously transformed into the image of Christ both individually and corporately.
Located in the beautiful upstate region of South Carolina, Southern Wesleyan University (SWU) is a Christ-centered, student-focused learning community devoted to transforming lives by challenging students to be dedicated scholars and servant leaders who impact the world for Christ. Along with a vibrant, undergraduate on campus program, SWU offers online programs of study for undergraduate and graduate degrees, including doctoral programs.
PO Box 1020
907 Wesleyan Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert