Director, Center for Teaching and Learning
- The School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- Chicago, Illinois
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Educational Administration & Leadership
- Administrative Jobs
- Academic Affairs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Reporting to the Dean of Faculty and Vice President for Academic Affairs, the founding Director will be a proven leader who can advance teaching and learning, including assessment for learning, at the School, with particular attention to the needs and opportunities offered by SAIC's expertise in art and design fields. The Director will have a demonstrated knowledge of current scholarship on teaching, learning, and assessment; meaningful administrative experience in the areas of faculty and/or organizational development, and a strong record of teaching in higher education. Working with partners across campus and drawing on current research in relevant fields, the Director will shape and implement a mission for the Center that establishes it as a vital, trusted source of ideas and support for teaching and learning at SAIC. Developing faculty leadership for teaching, learning, and assessment is expected to be a critical part of its operations.
Equity and Excellence
• Provide a continuous professional development model for faculty to learn and develop their teaching skills
• Design and facilitate faculty development programs to support faculty success in teaching and learning, scholarship and creative activities, and productivity
• Promote student, faculty, and institutional learning through assessments tied to equitable opportunities and outcomes for all students
• Align the Center's programs with institutional culture of innovation and creativity, the priorities of the School’s Strategic Plan, and SAIC’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Support a collaborative approach to assessment for learning that reaches across disciplines and departments
• Engage with the Office of the Dean, Office of the Provost, and campus leaders in strategic planning for academic improvement and student success
• Shape a vision and develop programming that serves the needs of SAIC's large, diverse faculty, whose members are leaders in their various disciplines; strengthening partnerships among individuals, departments, schools, and administrators to design programs that meet the varied needs of SAIC's faculty
• Cultivate a lively space and culture of dialogue, reflection, and innovation around teaching
• Cultivate a broad base of invested and knowledgeable partners for the Center, including faculty, staff, and graduate students who can work with the Director to advance and continue to develop the Center's mission and programs over time
• Hire additional staff as required
Please review the full job posting details on our website.
The Art Institute of Chicago is an equal opportunity, equal access employer fully committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workplace. We believe in a staff culture that benefits from a wide range of experience, backgrounds, and career paths, and we encourage nontraditional candidates to apply.
Becoming vaccinated against COVID-19 is the most important contribution we as individuals can make to ensure our own safety and the safety of our museum and school community. All employees must complete an attestation and provide proof of their vaccination status, or request a medical or religious exemption within the first week of employment.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert