Coordinates and administers a financial aid program which awards scholarships, grants, or other forms of student financial assistance. Coordinates related programs and services that will meet the internship and career needs of students and employers.Job Duties
- Resolves general and complex awards issues by utilizing financial aid management system to analyze applications against criteria and availability, as well as make adjustments, additions, and cancellations.
- Communicates with federal and state agencies, as well as potential and existing scholarship donors regarding recipient information, selection process, and other award criteria.
- Counsels students and parents concerning available financial assistance opportunities and reviews unusual circumstance documentation.
- Ensures awards are appropriately disbursed and credited to students' accounts. Resolves unusual problems and serves as liaison between students and lenders, donors, and guarantee agencies.
- Works with deans and other college administrators and faculty to assure that recruiting and other college goals and student needs are being met.
- Reviews financial aid recipients' academic performance for satisfactory progress; takes necessary action if progress is not being met, and reviews appeals.
- Participates in career fairs, orientations, and other events as needed to promote awareness of financial assistance available to students.
- Works with potential and existing employers concerning job and internship opportunities, including arranging receptions and seminars whereby external entities discuss employment opportunities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EEO/AAMay Be Eligible for Alternative Workplace Arrangements
Bachelors and 3 years experienceRequires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Experience: Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience. Certification/Licensing: None.Additional Job Posting Information:
- Department is willing to accept education in lieu of experience.
- Department is willing to accept experience in lieu of education. May Be Eligible for Alternative Workplace Arrangements
H0212 Scholarships & Financial AidEmployee Status:
Jan 12, 2024, 3:19:20 PM