Business Management Instructor- Continuing Education (Part-time)
- El Paso Community College
- El Paso, TX
- Faculty Jobs
- Arts & Humanities, Philosophy & Religion, Professional Fields, Business & Management
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Continuing & Professional Studies Programs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Responsible for providing instruction in accordance with the philosophy and objectives of the College.Essential Functions
Adhere to approved course syllabus.
Provide students with the course syllabus that informs them of course requirements including specific objectives, means of attaining those objectives and methods of evaluation by the end of the first week of classes.
Use teaching methods which are appropriate to reach students of varying educational experiential backgrounds and learning styles. Allow the student to continually assess his/her own progress. Allow reasonable opportunity for each student to master the objectives of the course.
Submit syllabi and/or addendums to the Division Office by the end of the first week of class. Post and maintain office hours as per institutional guidelines. Make provisions for students to evaluate instruction and arrange for submission of evaluation to the designated office.
Participate in faculty orientation sessions, professional development seminars and activities to enhance professional development; accept the responsibility for professional awareness and growth. Acknowledge and support the community college's mission to serve the community.
Perform all other duties appropriate to this position as assigned or directed.
1. Associate's degree with three (3) years of work experience exclusive of teaching.
NOTE: A copy of the transcript reflecting this required education MUST be submitted for consideration and reflect completed coursework and degrees conferred. The candidate must be fully qualified for the position at the time of application.
2. Experience teaching in the discipline.
3. Experience/ability to incorporate technology into the classroom.
4. Experience/ability to teach at the community college level.
1. The El Paso Community College is building a pool of Applicants for part-time faculty. Faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on a semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of the District. EPCC accepts application materials year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. Part-time faculty hiring is based on college need. We offer day, evening, and weekend classes. Classes are offered at various times and locations during the academic year. This pool will be accessed when an opening arises. Your application will remain active for approximately one (1) year from July 2022 to June 2023. After this time, you will need to re-apply if you are still interested in remaining a part of the pool.
2. This is a security-sensitive position as defined under the Texas Education Code, Section 51.215; the successful applicant will be required to undergo a criminal background check, as permitted and/or required by applicable law, and in accordance with the College’s policies and procedures.
Individuals desiring consideration MUST complete and submit an EPCC Application for Employment on-line by the announced deadline.
COPIES OF ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE SUBMITTED by mail, scanned/uploaded with the application, or hand delivered. CURRENT EMPLOYEES ARE ALSO REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THEIR TRANSCRIPTS WITH EACH SUBMITTED APPLICATION; TRANSCRIPTS IN PERSONNEL FILES CANNOT BE ACCESSED BY EVALUATORS FOR THIS PURPOSE. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED WITHOUT TRANSCRIPTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Only documents stating 'Transcript' or 'Unofficial Transcript' will be accepted. Other documents (Degree Audit, Degree Summary, Program Summary, etc.), submitted in lieu of transcripts will not be accepted. Transcripts must be received within one week following the closing of the posting.
If you are unable to attach your transcripts to the application, please mail your transcripts to El Paso Community College, Employment Services, P.O. Box 20500, El Paso, TX 79998. Mailed documents MUST include the position title and posting number for this position vacancy.
A letter of application, resume, letters of recommendation, and other supporting documents are optional but highly encouraged and may be submitted on-line with the application form or forwarded to the Human Resources Department at the address shown above.
Copies of transcripts must reflect completed coursework and conferred degrees. All academic coursework and degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university or be certified by an acceptable agency that the institution is recognized by the appropriate governmental agency in its home country (this is generally stated in the degree evaluation).
Transcripts issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a full translation (word for word) by a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Additionally, each foreign transcript must be evaluated for equivalency to United States accredited coursework by an agency certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or granting institution, if accredited by one of the regional accrediting bodies such as Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Applications containing foreign transcripts that are not accompanied with the above required documentation will not be considered.
In accordance with federal law and as a condition of employment, the successful candidate must furnish documentation verifying employment authorization eligibility and identity before being employed.
The El Paso County Community College district is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
El Paso Community College (EPCC) is a dynamic, innovative multicampus organization with five full-service campuses and more than 30 community- based teaching sites. The college serves the needs of the largest sunbelt metropolitan community along the U.S./Mexico border, with a population exceeding 825,000. The College offers a 7-day-a-week class schedule in liberal arts, technical, vocational, and non-traditional educational programs with an enrollment exceeding 28,000 multicultural credit and non-credit students each semester.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert