Golf Course Clubhouse Attendant Tracking Code561-262Job Description
Muskegon Community College, an associate degree-granting institution of higher education, is a center for lifelong learning which provides persons the opportunity to attain their educational goals by offering programs that respond to individual, community, and global needs.
To maintain a fun, welcoming, safe, secure, clean, and orderly golfing environment in while assisting any and all teams within the department. This position must operate independently while practicing appropriate safety practices, decision making and top notch customer service in multiple areas including but not limited to the clubhouse, parking lot(s), equipment and some grounds.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Please note that individuals hired into this position may be employed by EDUStaff in contract with Muskegon Community College.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a successful team while accomplishing tasks and assignments without assistance.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written instructions.
- Prior customer service, cart clean-up maintenance, and POS/cash handling experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to and work with people of all ages, races, and social-economic backgrounds.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated use of tact, judgment and discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Highly motivated and solution oriented with a high degree of integrity, ethics and dedication to the mission of the College.
- Must be adaptable and flexible to changes in tasks, processes, and locations.
- Must be comfortable working with using a computer.
- Perform all duties related to scheduling tee times, preparing the facility for opening including maintaining the merchandising, cleanliness and supplies of score cards/pencils available.
- Use top notch customer service to anticipate and address the needs of all our course guests.
- Balance cash drawer each morning/night as specified.
- Assist with preparation for leagues and events.
- Sprinkling/irrigation of areas assigned including flowers and flower boxes near clubhouse, parking lot and signage.
- Clean up course and pick up garbage throughout course/facility including sticks/brush and other things that may disrupt play on the course.
- Pick-up range balls on range and those in/around fence; cleaning used range balls and equipment daily.
- Operate, clean and maintain all equipment including all carts and golf boards.
- Adhere to all safety and health regulations, and report all unsafe conditions to Supervisor.
- Act as course ranger at any time while at facility addressing concerns or reporting issues even when utilizing free golf benefit.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform repetitive body mechanics, including but not limited to climbing stairs, standing, stretching, twisting, bending, crouching and kneeling.
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, lifting, bending, twisting, and driving, and speaking in English via phone or in person.
- Prolonged standing and sitting
- Repetitive stretching, twisting, bending, and lifting
- Must be able to adjust to differing weather conditions.
- Occasional lifting: 25 -70 lbs.
Job LocationMuskegon, Michigan, United StatesPosition TypeTemporary