- Muskegon Community College
- Muskegon, Michigan, United States
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Clerical & Administrative Support
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Anticipating future needs for the college, we are accepting resumes for Department Support positions. Please indicate on your resume or cover letter if you are looking for full or part time. We will reach out to qualified candidates as openings become available.
Named the 19th Best Community College in the U.S. in 2021, Muskegon offers accredited academic programs leading to 54 associate degrees and 32 certificates. As an Achieving the Dream College, MCC’s nationally recognized commitment to student success unites its faculty and staff in their mission to prepare students, build communities and improve lives.
One of Michigan’s most picturesque community colleges, the Muskegon main campus building - an award-winning Alden Dow design - spans Four Mile Creek on a 15-acre sylvan setting. The campus boasts several new multimillion-dollar facilities - the Health and Wellness Center, the Science Center and the Art and Music Building - and includes University Park Golf Course and the Carr-Fles Planetarium. The Sturrus Technology Center in historic downtown Muskegon is home to state-of-the-art applied technology offerings, the Rooks|Sarnicola Entrepreneur Center and the Lakeshore Fab Lab. MCC offers classes in adjacent Ottawa and Newaygo Counties.
Muskegon Community College provides excellent benefits options. Full time employee benefit options include:
- Three health plan options (includes a high deductible plan with a health savings account currently under $40 a pay period for family premium cost).
- Free dental, vision, life insurance and long term disability insurance.
- Retirement plans including state Pension or 14% MCC Retirement Contribution to TIAA (differs by group).
- Voluntary retirement savings plan options (403b or 457 plans)
- Tuition benefits at MCC for you and your eligible dependents.
- Generous paid time off plans.
- Paid holidays and holiday closure period in late December.
- Onsite Fitness Center at the Main Campus & discounts to University Park Golf Course
Starting Wage: $16.06 to $18.68 Depending on Experience
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Associate’s Degree or 3 years’ office/customer service experience
- Demonstrated ability to relate to people of all ages, races, and social-economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to operate office technology, software, & equipment. Establishing yourself as the “go to” person with all equipment and software.
- Ability and willingness to upgrade skills including technology or process changes.
- Ability to mentor, coach and work with student workers/interns while setting a good example by demonstrating professional workplace behavior and work ethics.
- Demonstrated ability to create a warm, welcoming environment to students, parents, faculty/staff and community members especially during busy/chaotic times.
- Demonstrated use of tact, judgment and discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a successful team while accomplishing tasks and assignments without assistance, even while multi-tasking.
- Highly motivated and solution oriented with a high degree of integrity, ethics and dedication to the mission of the College.
- Demonstrated excellence in both oral and written communication skills.
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing, keyboarding and work on computer (hand/eye strain), speaking in English via phone or in person
- Strong knowledge of grammar, punctuation and writing techniques with the ability to produce malleable documents.
- Receive telephone calls, provide information and refer callers to the proper staff members, take messages; answer inquiries requiring a knowledge of procedure and departmental operations; exercise discretion in giving information.
- Set up and maintain accurate and organized office – including file systems, office supplies, and inventories as appropriate and within allocated budget
- Type all correspondence for the department staff, and/or others assigned. Including but not limited to letters, reports, syllabi, schedules and forms while arranging into appropriate format; prepare bulk class materials.
- Update department communications including but not limited to bulletin boards, digital displays, department website and MyMCC portal.
- Make arrangements for regularly scheduled meetings, and all planning for conferences/events/tours as needed. Notify conferees, arrange meeting place, and making certain that all arrangements are made for food service and other details such as AV equipment, communication, agendas, etc. Take minutes as necessary.
- Reconcile and process travel requests, purchase orders and expense reports for department.
- Prepare purchase orders and obtain necessary supplies and instructional materials required for the department. Pick up supplies and materials from the Library, Stockroom, Bookstore, etc. as required.
- Provide information to students or College staff members concerning faculty office or conference hours. Set up and maintain individual faculty schedules when requested.
- Prepare accurate faculty load sheets for full-time and adjunct instructors; acquire instructor and chair signatures and deliver to Academic Affairs.
- Coordinate all instructors’ requests for equipment. Assist with delivery & pickup of materials to the testing center.
- Pick up and distribute mail to the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental, and Environment Requirements Include:
☒ Detailed Work
☒ Student Contact
☐ Deadline oriented
☒ Problem Situations
☒ Multiple Priorities & Demands
☒ Emergency Situations
☐ On-call Availability
☒ Continual Interruptions
☒ Working Alone
☒ Faculty Contact
☒ Working with Others
☒ Standing & Walking
☐ Lifting up to 10 lbs. ☒ Up to 25 lbs. ☐ Up to 50 lbs. ☐ 80 + lbs.
☐ Pushing, Pulling, Twisting, Bending
☐ Climb or Balance
☐ Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl
☐ Handle or Feel
☒ Reach with Hands and Arms
☒ Talking or hearing
☐ Working Overhead
☒ Speak in English via Phone or In Person
☐ Close, Distance, Peripheral, and Color Vision along with Depth Perceptions
☒ Ability to Adjust and Focus
☐ Exposure to wet, humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme heat/cold; and moderate to loud noise levels.
☒ Normal Office environment with little, if, any, discomfort due to heat, dust, noise and the like. Ability to travel to all campus locations required.
Job LocationMuskegon, Michigan, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert