- Bridgewater College
- Bridgewater, Virginia
- Commensurate with experience.
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Registrar & Student Accounts
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
The Registrar is an integral member of the academic affairs team who provides leadership and oversight for course scheduling and registration, senior audit processing, academic record maintenance, course transfer evaluations, and Veteran’s Administration program compliance. The Registrar reports to the Associate Provost.
- Manage the Registrar’s office and supervise its staff.
- Oversee maintenance for the security and accuracy of student academic records.
- Oversee transcript set-up and processing, coordinating with National Student Clearinghouse services.
- Oversee the registration process, working with students, faculty, and staff to resolve issues.
- Evaluate and award transfer and advanced placement credits for both current and prospective students.
- Oversee the process for updating approved curriculum and requirement revisions and publishing academic catalogs.
- Prepare senior audits for the current graduating class, certifying graduation requirements.
- Participate in new student orientations, building their course schedules.
- Serve as the School Certifying Official (SCO) for Veteran’s benefits, certifying student enrollments.
- Serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) for the Student & Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the Council on Education (COE) and the Foundations in Liberal Arts (FILA) committee, taking minutes for both.
- Assist with student academic suspension and probation review.
- Assist with graduation and commencement activities, preparing diplomas and providing name and honors listings for the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree required
- Five or more years of experience in higher education required, preferably experience in a registrar’s office.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge and capacity to understand how enterprise resource planning (ERP) and student information systems (SIS) operate. Experience with Ellucian Colleague preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with deadlines.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
Pay is competitive, and salary is commensurate with experience. This full-time position offers a full benefits package, including paid tuition at the College for eligible dependents.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Bridgewater College was founded in 1880 as the first coeducational college in Virginia. Bridgewater offers bachelor’s degrees in approximately 60 majors and minors, along with four graduate programs, pre-professional programs such as medicine and law, and teacher licensure. The College is a member of NCAA Division III and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, with 23 intercollegiate athletic teams. The vibrant residential campus is located in the town of Bridgewater, Virginia, near the city of Harrisonburg in the center of the Shenandoah Valley. An excellent school system, healthy business environment, numerous arts, and cultural events, one of the state's lowest crime rates, and a variety of outdoor opportunities and historic attractions draw many to the region.
APPLICATION: Complete the online application at www.bridgewater.edu/careers
DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Email [email protected]
COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Bridgewater College, an equal opportunity provider and employer, is a welcoming and vibrant community committed to supporting a diverse workforce and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or any characteristic protected by law.
ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT AND ANNUAL FIRE SAFETY REPORT: The Bridgewater College Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report summarizes policies on campus security and personal safety, crime prevention, fire safety, and crime reporting, and includes crime and fire statistics for the past three years:
To request a printed copy, please call 540-828-5761
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert