Post Doc Fellow, Cancer Biology
- University of Cincinnati
- Main Campus
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Health & Medical, Medicine, Science & Technology, Life Sciences
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Auxiliary Services
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the UC College of Medicine has a reputation for training best-in-class healthcare professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients.
A full-time Post-Doc Fellow position is available in the laboratory of Krushna Patra, PhD in the Department of Cancer Biology at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine.
Patra lab is interested to understand the oncogenic circuitries driven by driver mutations in cancer, specifically focusing on pancreatic cancer. We study how genetic mutations influence the initiation, progression, and maintenance of cancer by regulating signaling and metabolic pathways. We employ various genomic tools and cell biological approaches to understand these processes in advanced model systems (tunable genetically engineered mouse models (GEMMs), organoids, patient-derived cell lines, and xenografts).
We are looking for self-motivated candidates who have a proven record of productivity and a strong desire to learn new areas in cancer research. Candidates with a strong background in cell and molecular biology, microscopy, metabolism, and animal research are encouraged to apply. Basic knowledge of computational analysis would be considered an asset but is not required.
- Perform experimental analysis using techniques in cell culture, and 3D organoid culture, maintain the laboratory’s mouse lines which may include management of mouse breeding and colony, genotyping and phenotyping, drug administration and surgical procedures.
- Gather and analyze data and develop new ideas that promote current research.
- Makes independent contributions to projects and studies based on professional training or functional experience.
- Contributes effectively to the collective team effort
- Prepare data summaries, reports, manuscripts and presentations of research results.
- Participate/assist in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and/or presentation; may assist in grant writing.
- Keep informed of developments in field to maintain and enhance professional expertise.
- Lab maintenance, including equipment maintenance and ordering of supplies, as needed.
- May teach techniques to others, train, and mentor junior research staff.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
Doctoral Degree in the appropriate field or discipline, or the recognized terminal degree, or the equivalent foreign equivalent.Additional Qualifications Considered
- Track record of collaboration and productivity.
- Evidence of strengths in communication and/or computational analysis.
- Interested candidates must apply by submitting a resume and a cover letter describing their interest.
- Further inquiries can be sent to [email protected]
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert