: Marketing and Public RelationsLocations:
: Schenectady, NYPosted:
: Feb 14, 2023Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
About SUNY Schenectady County Community College:
SUNY Schenectady County Community College (SUNY Schenectady) is one of the State University of New York's finest two-year colleges located in upstate New York's vibrant and growing Capital Region, with easy access to Boston, NYC, the Adirondack and Catskill Mountains, Montreal and scenic Hudson Valley, all of which are just a few hours away. SUNY Schenectady is a premier college that provides quality, comprehensive education for transfer, career, training and workforce development to a diverse population in a student centered environment. The College offers more than 50 transfer and career programs in science, aviation, culinary, music, and liberal arts, and serves more than 5,000 students. SUNY Schenectady County Community College offers an excellent benefit package including health care with dental and vision coverage, a choice of retirement systems, a deferred compensation benefit, an on-site child care program and Montessori School, professional development opportunities, and health club membership. We take pride in being an urban campus with a small town feel.
SUNY Schenectady is dedicated to cultivating an environment that celebrates diversity, prioritizes inclusion, and insists on equitable access. Diversity, equity, and inclusion is central to our vision and mission; we know that to foster a sense of belonging and preserve connectedness, we must create and maintain working and learning spaces that welcome, respect, and appreciate difference. SUNY Schenectady provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law. Applications from minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged.
SUNY Schenectady County Community College is currently seeking a Marketing Coordinator to assist the Marketing and Public Relations department with the development, execution, and monitoring of digital marketing campaigns and website content. The department plays a key role in raising the brand awareness of the College, generating enrollments, and communicating to numerous internal and external audiences. Reporting to the Executive Director of Marketing and Public Relations, tasks may include supporting the production of email, digital, traditional, and paid social media advertising, as well as copywriting, project management, and generating reports. The Marketing Coordinator is expected to be a creative individual with excellent organizational skills, problem-solving capabilities, and proficient in multitasking.
- Write, proofread, and edit copy for the College website, promotional advertising campaigns, and blogs
- Optimize website page titles, meta descriptions, H1s, alt text, anchor text, and content for improved SEO performance
- Assist with scheduling paid media and monitoring implementation
- Collaborate with marketing staff to implement marketing plans that include print, broadcast, and digital content and provide a consistent brand image/voice across all marketing activities
- Apply tracking on digital and email campaigns to collect performance data and monitor results
- Help with marketing research, competitive analysis, and preparing reports
- Support the design team, including organization of digital assets
- Stay up to date with marketing trends and best practices in the industry
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field
- 3-5 years of experience as a marketing coordinator or similar role, including content management/copywriting, advertising concepts, and working with paid media
- Demonstrable experience managing paid social content, building email campaigns, and/or display advertising platforms
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Knowledge of SEO and how it applies to content marketing
- Excellent knowledge of data tools such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Google Data Studio
- Ability to interpret creative direction and technical information and turn it into persuasive copy
- Understanding of relationships between paid and organic marketing
- Experience with marketing campaigns on SnapChat and TikTok a plus
- Prior work experience with CRM databases and market segmentation
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position
- Offers of employment will be conditional based on the successful completion of a background check and verification of official College transcripts.
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered for this position:
- Cover letter
- Completed SUNY Schenectady Employment Application
CAMPUS SAFETY REPORT
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the College's crime statistics for the past three years; and the availability regarding the College's current campus security policies. SUNY Schenectady County Community College's Annual Security Report is available here.
SUNY Schenectady is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United Stated and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.