Job Location: Bethany Campus - Bethany, OK
Position Type: Adjunct Instructor
Education Level: Graduate Degree
Onsite Bethany Campus
Mathematics Department Chair
The Mathematics Department seeks adjunct instructors to teach courses at the 1000 and 2000 levels, including MATH 1123 Math Concepts: Geometry & Topology, MATH 1133 Math Concepts: Probability & Statistics, MATH 1613 Plane Trigonometry, MATH 2324 Calculus I, MATH 2424 Calculus II, and MATH 2524 Calculus III.
- Teach courses at assigned days and times
- Plan lessons that address particular learning outcomes and the needs of students
- Use technology to enhance instruction and assessment
- Design, administer, and grade assessments to measure student learning
- Gather a sample of course assignments as requested for documentation for SNU General Education Committee
- Maintain an accurate, up-to-date grade book
- Maintain an accurate, up-to-date attendance record
- Set up and make proper use of a Learning Management System site for assigned course(s)
- Maintain a professional relationship with any student graders assigned to their course(s)
- Administer a final exam at the day and time scheduled by the Registrar
- Submit final grades as requested by the Registrar
- Additional duties as assigned
- Masters degree in mathematics OR 18 credit hours in graduate-level mathematics
- Southern Nazarene University is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. According to SNU policy, all faculty and staff must possess a strong personal Christian commitment and be committed to the SNU mission to make Christlike disciples through higher education in a Christ centered community.
- An understanding of the importance for diversity, inclusion and equity.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ph.D. in mathematics or mathematics education
- Experience in face-to-face classroom instruction at the undergraduate level
- Experience using discovery learning or inquiry-based learning for instruction
- Experience using a computer algebra system for instruction and assessment
Receives supervision and course assignments from Mathematics Department chair, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
May be responsible for supervising an undergraduate student grader assigned by the Mathematics Department chair.
There are no benefits with this position.
Apply Online for this position at Southern Nazarene Careers