PGS Adjunct Instructor Graduate Education
- Southern Nazarene University
- Bethany Campus - Bethany, OK, 73008
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Special Education
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Job Location: Bethany Campus - Bethany, OK
Position Type: Adjunct Instructor
Education Level: Graduate DegreeDescription
Onsite Bethany Campus
The Director of Master of Arts in Educational Leadership and Doctor of Education in Administration & Leadership
Graduate Education Programs
The Department of Graduate Programs in Education seeks adjuncts to join its adjunct pool. Experience and qualification in the areas of school administration, educational leadership, special education, and curriculum and instruction. Faculty members in the adjunct pool are employed on a course-by-course basis, depending on the curricular offerings and course enrollments in any given semester.
- Teach courses on assigned days and times
- Plan lessons using a prewritten curriculum that addresses particular learning outcomes and the needs of students
- Use technology to enhance instruction and assessment
- Administer, and grade assessments to measure student learning
- Maintain an accurate, up-to-date grade book
- Maintain an accurate, up-to-date attendance record
- Set up and make proper use of a Learning Management System site for an assigned course (s)
- Submit final grades as required
- Additional duties as assigned
- Southern Nazarene University is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. According to SNU policy, all faculty and staff must possess a strong personal Christian commitment and be committed to the SNU mission to make Christlike disciples through higher education in a Christ centered community.
- An understanding of the importance for diversity, inclusion and equity
- Terminal Degree in Education, Leadership (If teaching in the DEAL program)
- Masters Degree in Education (If teaching in the MAEL program)
- Minimum of two years of related work experience and/or relevant training
- Experience in face-to-face classroom instruction at the undergraduate or graduate level
- Receives supervision and work assignments from a designated supervisor, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
Required Documents: (When completing the online application, you will have a chance to upload the following required documents)
-Letter of interest. (Please be sure to address the programs/courses in which you feel credentialed to teach)
Additionally, you will need to have the following documents sent directly via mail or email to me at the address below:
-Have two references complete the Faculty Reference Form and return it to [email protected] or via email at the address below.
-Have official copies of all undergraduate and graduate college transcripts (where you completed degrees) sent directly to the address below. Unofficial/student copies are insufficient.) Institutions that send electronic transcripts may send them to me at [email protected].
Mrs. Paula Troutman
Faculty Services Coordinator
Professional and Graduate Studies
Southern Nazarene University
6729 NW 39th Expressway
Bethany, Ok 73008
Applications will not be considered until all required documents have been submitted.
There are no benefits with this position.
Apply Online for this position at Southern Nazarene Careers
Southern Nazarene University is a private, Christian, liberal arts university. It is an expression of the educational ministry of the Church of the Nazarene. Based at its main residential campus located just west of Oklahoma City, SNU serves students from around the world at multiple locations in Oklahoma and through online educational opportunities.
Founded in 1899, SNU grew out of several small evangelical colleges committed to training people for service to God and their fellow man. During the later part of the nineteenth century, settlers in Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, New Mexico, and Texas founded these educational institutions to promote the optimistic message that the result of people fully aligning their lives with God’s work in the world would be personal holiness and compassionate service.
Southern Nazarene University values each person created in the image of God, therefore, we also desire to be a community that reflects representation of diversity. We care about inclusion and equity through the refining of our character, the way we create culture and the way we serve Christ. Our University values reconciliation through God’s love.
Southern Nazarene University policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, sex, age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, veterans status or any other legally protected class in the recruitment and admission of students, in all personnel actions or decisions including, but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, upgrading, promotion, demotion, termination and salary, and in the operation of all university programs, activities, and services.
6729 NW 39th Expressway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert