KINESIOLOGY INSTRUCTOR/HEAD MEN'S SOCCER COACH
- San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
- San Jose
- $84,220 to $115,609 Entry Level Annual Salary (Academic Salary Schedule 2022-2023); Maximum Salary Potential $150,001. Note: Actual Salary placement is based on candidate's verified education and experience.
- Faculty Jobs
- Arts & Humanities, Ethnic & Cultural Studies, Health & Medical, Exercise Science & Kinesiology
- Position Type
- Tenured & Tenure-Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
KINESIOLOGY INSTRUCTOR/HEAD MEN'S SOCCER COACH
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Close/First Review Date: 03/05/2023
Campus Location: Evergreen Valley College
This faculty position is a full-time, 100% FTE (10 Months) Tenure Track position as Instructor of Kinesiology / Head Men's Soccer Coach in the Division of Social Science, Humanities, Arts and Physical Education and Athletics located at Evergreen Valley College.
Assignment may include day and evening responsibilities.
This position is represented by the San Jose/Evergreen Federation of Teachers, AFT 6157.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teach 50% of load in courses related to Men's Soccer (Athletics) in-season, and during off-season, 45% of load will be in courses related to Men's Soccer (Athletics). These courses will include providing instruction in theory, activity, and/or lab courses. The remaining load will be in Kinesiology courses.
2. Coaching assignment in the sport of Men's Soccer with the responsibilities set forth by the Dean; overseeing the entire program including but not limited to matriculation, recruiting, scheduling, eligibility, monitoring student athletes academic progress, budgets, transportation, fundraising, and supervision of assistant coaches.
3. Responsible for maintaining compliance set forth by the Conference and the California Community College Athletic Association as it pertains to this position. Examples of duties include, but not limited to: successfully completing testing and trainings, meeting deadlines for submitting required forms, and the uploading of relevant game videos and statistics.
4. Produce and maintain on an annual basis—through recruitment and student-athlete development—a competitive team, and roster participation size that is equal to the conference average in which that sport is hosted.
5. Adapt methodologies for students with special needs and different learning styles.
6. Demonstrate commitment to professional development, including but not limited to activities such as: participation in professional conferences, workshops, seminars, membership in professional organizations, research projects, publishing academic work, participation in statewide committees or organizations, etc.
7. Demonstrate sensitivity in working with students and staff of diverse racial, ethnic, academic and socio economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, and disabilities by showing respect for differences and the dignity of others.
8. Participate in faculty responsibilities such as: course and curriculum development and review, student learning outcomes and assessment, program review, committees, research and special projects as needed in the discipline/department or district.
9. Attend and participate in department, division and college meetings and keep posted office hours.
10. Meet record keeping obligations on time, e.g. grades, census, reports, rosters, textbook orders, and requisitions.
11. Maintain and provide current course syllabi as required by California Education Code and Board policy.
12. Foster a professional work and learning environment.
13. Perform other duties as required by the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in Kinesiology, Physical Education, Exercise Science, Education with an emphasis in
Physical Education, Kinesiology, Physiology of Exercise or Adaptive Physical Education
Bachelor’s degree in any of the above
Master’s degree in any Life Science, Dance, Physiology, Health Education, Recreation Administration
1. Two years or more experience teaching in the field of Kinesiology at the community college and/or university level.
2. Successful experience in developing a competitive men’s soccer team at the high school, community college, or university level with a minimum of two years as a Head Coach.
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate and facilitate learning with a diverse population of athletes representing a wide range of abilities, age, nationalities, ethnicities, race, and cultures.
4. Ability to establish and maintain connections with district high school coaches and student athletes.
5. Knowledge of community college athletics and CCCAA Bylaws, Rules, and Regulations
6. Ability to coordinate with other college coaching staffs, as well as the greater soccer community.
7. Demonstrated ability to use innovative teaching and coaching techniques.
8. Ability to raise funds to support the program.
9. Demonstrated ability to support academic success within the student-athlete population, including retention, successful course completion, graduation and transfer.
10. Demonstrated willingness to work with college and university coaches to create avenues for transfer and opportunities for scholarships.
11. Knowledge of transfer requirements for NAIA, NCAA Divisions I, II, and III.
12. Ability to use computer programs effectively to record and maintain student data.
13. Ability to maintain a social media presence through Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, for example, as is related to Men’s Soccer.
14. Demonstrated ability to work well with colleagues and all employees in relevant Athletics Programs.
15. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
District’s Diversity Requirements
$84,220 to $115,609 Entry Level Annual Salary (Academic Salary Schedule 2022-2023); Maximum Salary Potential $150,001. Note: Actual Salary placement is based on candidate's verified education and experience.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Faculty also receive paid sick leave.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% – AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the District’s emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
With student learning as its primary focus, the San José/Evergreen Community College District provides continuous access to a wide range of comprehensive and flexible post-secondary academic and occupational programs that prepare Silicon Valley residents of all ages for balanced and productive lives and successful careers. To reach these educational goals, the district provides the appropriate support services to meet the needs of an increasingly diverse student population.
In fulfilling this mission, the district assists students in achieving their educational and employment goals including, but not limited to, lower-division transfer and general education, two-year college degrees, certificates, distance learning opportunities, basic skills instruction, English as a Second Language, economic development, adult non-credit courses, targeted career training, and community services courses.
Human Resources serves those individuals dedicated to providing educational opportunities and critical support services to the students from our communities. Our role is to attract the very best for our students to ensure that staff, faculty and administrators are skilled in their profession, sensitive to students needs and welcoming to all who come to San Jose-Evergreen Community College District.
Human Resources is to safe guard the interests of the District and promote the professional growth, health and well-being of all its employees. The Human Resources Services Group provides direct service and support to individual employees. We work together with our partners at the colleges and district –wide operations to develop initiatives that foster the continuous development of our workforce.
The employees are the foundation upon which this District realizes the values it upholds through the dedication, leadership and understanding demonstrated by our faculty and staff.
San José/Evergreen Community College District is for the professional who is committed to equity and excellence, and attracted to a work environment dedicated to student success. We welcome you to our community.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert