Part-Time Psychiatry clinical adjunct professor
- Helene Fuld College of Nursing
- New York, NY
- 80.00 per hour
- Faculty Jobs
- Health & Medical, Nursing
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Part Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
The Helene Fuld College of Nursing (HFCN) was founded in 1945 as a private, non-profit College, and is at the forefront of nursing education. Fully accredited by ACEN (for the AAS program), CCNE (for the BS programs), and Middle States (for the entire College), HFCN provides opportunities for a professional career in nursing.
The adjunct instructor (clinical) is responsible for effectively teaching students in assigned classes and /or clinical environments. In such assignments, the instructor is a member of the professional teaching staff, and as such is responsible for the formulation, implementation, and evaluation of the educational program in alignment with the Helene Fuld College of Nursing (HFCN) Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals.
The part-time clinical psychiatric adjunct professor is a competent professional nurse/doctor with expertise in the area in which s/he is assigned, and who holds at least a Master of Science in Nursing degree. This faculty member shares in the responsibility of the formulation, implementation, and evaluation of the educational program of the College, and serves in the capacity to prepare undergraduate students to successfully complete their program of study and to pass the National Council State Board of Nursing Examination (NCLEX-RN). The clinical adjunct serves as an extension of the lead course faculty, is responsible for the instruction and supervision of clinical students and supports student learning through Socratic questioning to connect theory principles with clinical application and clinical judgment.
Essential Functions of the role:
- Availability for the full clinical appointment which is typically 15 weeks with a 1-hour orientation session before the term begins and 2 additional clinical adjunct meetings occurring during the term. The adjunct may be asked to support on-campus and/or virtual activities as needed and directed by the course faculty or program director including activities such as OSCE which would take the place of the live clinical rotation.
- Effective Communication
- Provide thorough and clear instruction to students on the subject matter.
- Articulate respectfully to students, faculty, staff, & clinical partners.
- Respond to inquiries within 48 hours.
- Utilize the HFCN email as the primary contact for communication.
- Communicate at a minimum once a week with the lead course faculty.
- Serve as a representative and liaison for HFCN.
- Be familiar with the agency policies and procedures.
- Work with HFCN staff to ensure that all students have completed mandatory training before entering the clinical environment.
- Work closely with agency staff to ensure students have access to and engagement with patients.
- Monitor student progress.
- Work closely with agency staff to identify experiences that align with course content and student-identified learning goals.
- Guide and direct student activities in the clinical environment.
- Work directly with students in the clinical environment to ensure that they have a live hands-on experience. Observations are understandable but should be the exception and not the rule. Students should be engaging in hands-on activities to the extent to which they have an understanding and can be accountable for practice with the support of the faculty member and/or staff nurse.
- Submit weekly attendance sheets and student progress summary documents to the lead faculty for review.
- Prepare mid-term and final student evaluations.
- Review and provide feedback on clinical assignments including care plans and concept maps via the Learning Management System, Canvas.
- Clinical placements are located throughout NYC and Long Island.
This job functions in a professional and deadline-oriented environment in the clinical and educational setting. It includes interaction with students, staff, faculty, and clinical partners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee will be required to navigate technology including the Learning Management System, Canvas, ATI, and Microsoft programs. Availability may include clinical sessions Monday through Sunday and day (7-3:30) and evening (2-11:30) shifts.
**Must have a New York State registered Nurse license**
**Must have experience working in a Psychiatric Facility for at least one year**
**Must have a master's degree."
Wage: $80.00 per hour
Helene Fuld College of Nursing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or genetics.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert