Possesses, understands, and applies a comprehensive knowledge in area of specialization. Develops understanding and skills to allow for completion of assignments that cross fields of specialization. Develops leadership and management skills.
- Receives/Reviews progress and evaluates results of experiments or projects under control or supervisory responsibility.
- Recommends changes in research, testing or experimental procedures.
- May be responsible for a single highly technical and complex piece of research equipment.
- May review and evaluate the effectiveness of personnel.
- May plan for and assign personnel to projects under control.
- Operates with latitude for unreviewed action.
- May receive general supervision conferring with higher levels only in unusual situations.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Doctoral Requires singular knowledge of a specialized advanced professional discipline or the highest level of general business knowledge, normally acquired through attainment of a directly job-related terminal degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed.Prefer Qualifications
: Ph.D. degree in Neurosciences, Electrical or Biomedical Engineering or related fields.We are looking for an independent and accomplished researcher with strong engineering & biomedical scientific background and specific training in Sensory Neuroscience, or Neural Engineering to participate in a NIH R01 funded research in the field of intraneural interfaces for the control and natural sensation of robotic prosthetic devices.The Postdoctoral fellow will contribute, from bench top electrochemical testing to animal testing, in the development and implementation of advanced molecularly guided multielectrode arrays for peripheral nerve interfacing. The studies are designed to discriminate between motor and cutaneous neural interfacing. The fellow will be part of a highly interdisciplinary and multi-institutional collaborative team studying selective interfacing for bidirectional Nerve Machine Interface for improved task performance.Responsibilities will include
. Plan, perform and document quantitative and research procedures. Plan and execute detailed of experiments according to approved research protocols. Do quantitative data analysis including statistical evaluations, write reports, abstracts, and manuscripts. Other duties as assigned.Expertise in the following areas is preferred:
(i) Peripheral nerve microsurgery
(ii) Chronic in vivo electrophysiological evaluation, multi-electrode array recording/stimulation
(iii) Brain machine interfacing
(iv) Histology and Electron microscopy
(v) Confocal and multi-photon microscopy Organization:
H0071 Biomedical EngineeringEmployee Status:
Feb 22, 2023, 3:28:36 PM