Possesses, understands, and applies a comprehensive knowledge in area of specialization. Develops understanding and skills to allow for completion of assignments that cross fields of specialization. Develops leadership and management skills.
- Receives/Reviews progress and evaluates results of experiments or projects under control or supervisory responsibility.
- Recommends changes in research, testing or experimental procedures.
- May be responsible for a single highly technical and complex piece of research equipment.
- May review and evaluate the effectiveness of personnel.
- May plan for and assign personnel to projects under control.
- Operates with latitude for unreviewed action.
- May receive general supervision conferring with higher levels only in unusual situations.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Requirements: a Ph.D. degree in either Biochemistry/Molecular Biology or Cell Biology and the ability to work with mice. Prior experience and knowledge in eye research is preferred. A postdoctoral position in retinal molecular and cell biology is available immediately in the laboratories of Drs. Muna Naash and Muayyad Al-Ubaidi in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at the University of Houston. The lab employs molecular, cellular, electrophysiological, metabolomics and biochemical approaches to investigate the mechanism of the degenerative process of photoreceptor in mouse models and the application of non-viral gene therapy. To work under the directions of the PIs of the lab while providing expertise in design, implementation and analysis of research projects in the area of Molecular/Cell Biology of the mammalian retina. Requires singular knowledge of a specialized advanced professional discipline or the highest level of general business knowledge, normally acquired through attainment of a directly job-related terminal degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed.No experience is required.Organization:
H0071 Biomedical EngineeringEmployee Status:
Feb 22, 2023, 3:29:15 PM