Early Childhood Studies Clinical Assistant Professor
- University of Florida
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Child Development & Family Studies, Special Education
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Early Childhood Studies Clinical Assistant Professor
Job No: 525685
Work Type: Non-Tenure-Track Faculty
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Education/Training/Instructional Design, Early childhood education/Childcare
Department: 18080000 - ED-SPED SPECIAL EDUCATION
CLIN AST PROF
The University of Florida invites applications for a Clinical Assistant Professor of Early Childhood Studies. This is a 12-month non-tenure accruing position with teaching, supervision, and contribution to undergraduate and graduate academic programming as primary responsibilities. Priority will be given to candidates with scholarly expertise in early childhood development and learning from birth to age eight, early childhood policy, and/or early childhood practice with an emphasis on using transdisciplinary approaches through equity, diversity, and inclusion lenses.
The successful applicant is expected to: teach and advise undergraduate and graduate students in our online and face to face programs; contribute to undergraduate and master's degree course offerings related to early childhood studies and early childhood policy; and further their scholarship at meetings of professional organizations and through appropriate publications. Additionally, candidates will be expected to engage in service to the program, school, college, university, and profession. This 12-month non-tenure-accruing faculty appointment will begin August 2023.
The Early Childhood Studies program is housed within the School of Special Education, School Psychology, and Early Childhood Studies. The position builds upon rich traditions of excellence and leadership in the field. The faculty member will become an integral part of a highly talented and collaborative transdisciplinary team of faculty, post-doctoral associates, faculty affiliates, staff, and students who have realized a vision to integrate science, practice, and policy in early childhood studies to ensure equitable outcomes for young children, their families, and the practitioners who support them.
The College of Education at the University of Florida is committed to preparing professionals and scholars to meet the needs of a diverse and global society. We are particularly interested in candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to meeting the needs of diverse and underserved populations. The successful applicant will join a collaborative, cohesive, and energetic community of scholars representing a range of races, cultures, and nationalities committed to high quality research, teaching, and service as well as to developing a culturally diverse faculty and student body.
- Teach (online, blended, and/or face-to-face) courses at the graduate and undergraduate levels related to early childhood learning and development, early childhood policy, and early childhood practices.
- Advise/mentor undergraduate and graduate students in early childhood studies programs
- Participate in early childhood studies program development and continuous improvement efforts
- Provide service to the program, school, college, university, and the profession
- Conduct scholarly activities commensurate with expectations of a clinical faculty member
Salary is negotiable, competitive, and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Doctorate in early childhood studies or closely related field. ABD candidates will be considered as long as their doctorate is conferred by August 2023.
- Record of teaching experience in higher education.
- Experience with families and children in early childhood settings from birth to age eight.
- Evidence of commitment to matters of equity, diversity, and inclusion of young children and their families
- Evidence of successful collaboration with faculty, students, and other stakeholders
- Evidence of strong organizational and administrative skills
- Record of excellence in teaching, advising, and/or mentoring students in higher education contexts
- Experience designing and delivering high quality instruction in face-to-face, hybrid, and online formats in higher education settings
- Active engagement with and/or leadership in relevant professional organizations in the field of early childhood studies
- Demonstrated commitment to equity including addressing issues related to cultural and racial diversity.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants for the Clinical Assistant Professor position should send: (1) a letter of application addressing required and desired qualifications, (2) curriculum vitae, and (3) contact information for three references who will be asked to send a letter of recommendation through the online application system. Applicants should reference requisition 525685, position 00039447. Candidates should submit application materials electronically at https://jobs.ufl.edu. Inquiries about the position can be addressed to the search committee chair, Dr. Tara Mathien (mail to: [email protected]). To ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted by February 28th, 2023. Applications will be considered after this date until the position is filled. If you need technical assistance, please contact Human Resources at 352-392-2477.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.
The University of Florida is An Equal Employment Opportunity Institution. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
Health Assessment Required:
Applications Close: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/525685/early-childhood-studies-clinical-assistant-professor
The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert