Post-doctoral Research Associate- College of Education, Health & Human Sciences
- The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Knoxville, TN
- Administrative Jobs
- Academic Affairs, Research Staff & Technicians, Institutional & Business Affairs, Auxiliary Services
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Post-Doctoral Research AssociateDuties and ResponsibilitiesThis Post-Doctoral Associate position may be partially school-based; that is, in a K-12 setting.The Post-Doctoral Associate will:
- Participate in the clinical evaluation and care of clients in a variety of client care settings with sufficient frequency to achieve the competencies required by their discipline under the direct supervision of the supervising psychologist. Associates may write progress notes in client charts, although supervising psychologists may continue to review the care of their clients.
- Assume progressive responsibility for client care activities according to Associate’s level of education, ability and experience. The supervising psychologist will determine the Associate’s level of responsibility and autonomy.
- Communicate effectively with their supervising psychologist regarding the findings of their evaluations, interpretation of diagnostic tests, and intended interventions on a continual basis.
- Participate fully in the educational and scholarly activities of the program and, as required, assume responsibility for teaching and supervising interns and students, and conducting research.
- Participate in appropriate institutional committees and councils whose actions affect their education and/or client care including, but not limited to quality assurance and quality improvement activities.
- Develop a personal program of learning to foster continued professional growth with guidance from the teaching staff.
- Abide by all University policies and procedures, including the provisions of the KLASS Center Policy and Procedure Manual, the training programs and the regulations of any affiliated institution to which the Associate may be assigned.
- Candidates for the Post-Doctoral position with the University of Tennessee’s KLASS Center must have completed their doctoral degree requirements before the appointment begins.
- All candidates should be from a graduate program in school psychology, approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) and must be from an APA-approved or APPIC-listed internship program.
- All candidates must be license-eligible in the State of Tennessee as a Psychologist and license-eligible as a School Psychologist.
- Experience with children in a school setting is a must.
Job: Research Professional
Primary Location: US-Tennessee-knoxville
Organization: Klass Center
Job Posting: Feb 10, 2023, 6:28:09 PM
Working at The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Founded in 1794, the University of Tennessee is one of the nation’s oldest and most storied public universities. Based in Knoxville, Tennessee’s flagship land-grant institution includes the statewide Institute of Agriculture and the Space Institute in Tullahoma. The university embodies excellence in teaching, discovery, scholarship, research, creative activity, outreach, and engagement. Known as the Volunteers, we lead with a spirit of selflessness, empathy, and courage, and strive to be champions for diversity, equity, and inclusion
UT Knoxville is a Research 1 university with 11 academic colleges and more than 900 programs of study. With an enrollment of more than 30,000 students, our academic programs are repeatedly ranked top in their class. The university co-manages Oak Ridge National Laboratory, the country’s most prominent national lab, driving innovation in advanced manufacturing and materials, national security, and more. We are closely connected with our communities through outreach and extension efforts across Tennessee and through partnerships with non-profits, corporations, and industries—regionally, nationally, and around the globe.
The city of Knoxville is nestled in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. The modern, thriving community is surrounded by gorgeous lakes and hundreds of miles of walking, hiking, and biking trails. Situated along the banks of the Tennessee River, our beautiful features an eclectic music scene, internationally recognized festivals, unique restaurants, and a robust offering of diverse cultural activities. Knoxville is located within a day’s drive of Atlanta, Nashville, Asheville, Charlotte, Louisville, Cincinnati, Memphis, Chicago, and Washington D.C.
Knoxville and the surrounding counties have a population of more than 850,000 people. The region houses many leading corporations and organizations, including Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Pilot/Flying J, the Tennessee Valley Authority, and Regal Cinemas, along with HGTV, Food Network, and other networks owned by Discovery Inc.
As a member of the UT family, you will be surrounded by top-notch faculty, staff, and students from around the world. You will be part of a diverse campus community that is passionate about changing the world and cheering for the Vols on game day.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert