Part-time Mathematics Faculty
- Southern Wesleyan University
- Greenville, SC
- Faculty Jobs
- Engineering & Mathematics, Mathematics, Statistics
- Employment Type
- Part Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
$0.00 per year
Part-time Mathematics FacultyAccepting applicationsAbout this position
Southern Wesleyan University’s (SWU) School of Science, Technology, and Mathematics invites applications for part-time affiliate faculty positions in Mathematics. There is a critical need within this discipline to teach on campus courses. The mission of the Division of Science at SWU is to prepare students to confront globally important issues in a rapidly changing world with skills in discipline-specific content, communication, information processing, analysis, synthesis and problem solving. Students are encouraged to view their studies from a Christian worldview as our faculty emphasize faith and learning in the various disciplines and to utilize their knowledge and skills in serving God and humankind. Primary ResponsibilitiesTeaching basic computer courses in mathematics in the general education curriculum and in the B.S. in Math curricula. This part-time teaching position is campus-based, for face-to-face teaching within SWU's undergraduate program.About our ideal candidate Qualifications/Requirements
- Academic. A master’s degree or earned PhD in Mathematics or a related degree with at least 18 graduate-level credits of mathematics is required. The ideal candidate will have an interest in and university experience in teaching mathematical courses. Experience teaching mathematics in secondary schools is also desirable. Desire and/or experience in integrating the Christian faith with the teaching and practice of the discipline of mathematics are essential.
- Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations.
- Technology. SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals. The ideal candidate will be comfortable and familiar with the use of technology within the academic environment including distance learning and learning management systems, web-based programs, and PC applications, including all Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Pre-employment Screening. Employment is contingent on the completion a criminal background screening.
- Personal Christian testimony
- Personal ministry, church involvement or spiritual growth
- Approach to teaching
- Integration of faith and learning in your teaching
- Curriculum vita
- Unofficial transcripts
It is the policy of Southern Wesleyan University to provide and maintain equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including but not limited to lactation), disability, genetic information, veteran-status, age, or any other classification protected by state, federal, or local law, unless a bona fide occupational qualification applies. The University reserves its right to operate as a church-related institution and to develop policies consistent with the religious tenets of its sponsoring denomination, The Wesleyan Church, and is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Section 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).University Mission
Southern Wesleyan University is a Christ-centered, student-focused learning community devoted to transforming lives by challenging students to be dedicated scholars and servant-leaders who impact the world for Christ. In addition to specific academic requirements, SWU provides quality undergraduate and graduate programs in a distinctively Christian environment that fosters the integration of faith, learning, and living. Candidates for employment must support the Christian mission of the university and give evidence of successful professional experience, mature faith, and consistent Christian lifestyle.
To view the university's profile, visit About SWU. To learn more about The Wesleyan Church--it's history, beliefs, and position on current issues--visit wesleyan.org/about. Applicants for employment are encouraged to view the following links providing additional information about how our campus community lives out these beliefs and practices.
University Core Values
Christ Centered: Purpose, Scholarship, Community, Transformation
- Purpose: A specific calling for a unique role in our world.
- Scholarship: Academic excellence in an innovative faith-centered environment.
- Community: Belonging to a connected and compassionate body of learners.
- Transformation: Christ’s redemptive work in individual and corporate life.
We believe that every individual has a God given purpose, brought to fruition by the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit and the challenge of scholarship. As we participate in a consecrated community of learners we are continuously transformed into the image of Christ both individually and corporately.
Located in the beautiful upstate region of South Carolina, Southern Wesleyan University (SWU) is a Christ-centered, student-focused learning community devoted to transforming lives by challenging students to be dedicated scholars and servant leaders who impact the world for Christ. Along with a vibrant, undergraduate on campus program, SWU offers online programs of study for undergraduate and graduate degrees, including doctoral programs.
PO Box 1020
907 Wesleyan Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert