Financial Systems Analyst
- Lafayette College
- Easton, Pennsylvania
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Business & Financial Management
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Do you have a finance or accounting background but prefer to spend your time on the systems and data side of the office? Are you a systems person that enjoys collaborating with the finance and accounting team? Lafayette College has an opportunity that provides just this type of interaction.
The Financial Systems Analyst, under the direction of the Manager of Financial Systems, assists in maintaining and enhancing the College’s ERP system and supporting systems to meet internal and external requirements, as relating to the Finance and Administration division. This position provides coordination for the development, implementation, and maintenance of systems to support financial operations and financial analysis.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues in the modules of the Banner ERP system used by the Finance & Administration division. Analyze issues that arise in Banner administrative pages, Banner processes, and Banner Self Service. Identify the root causes of systems issues and formulate and execute solutions. Collaborate with appropriate technical resources from Information Technology Services (ITS) and Ellucian as needed.
• Develop and troubleshoot operational and analytical Finance reporting in the College’s IBM Cognos environment, various Microsoft Access databases, and other reporting applications, for use by various College departments and for internal use by the Finance department.
• Grant and maintain user access to financial information and systems including the Banner Finance module, Cognos reporting suite, the College's banks, and payment gateways
• Assist with data cleanup projects in Banner. Maintain working knowledge of the relevant tables and fields to be updated and ensure referential integrity.
• Complete periodic tasks, including the processing of chargeback feeds and fiscal period maintenance.
• Test upgrades to Banner administrative pages and Banner Self Service, including patches, regulatory updates, and new system functionality.
• Assist in maintaining the Finance and Administration websites in Wordpress.
• Troubleshoot and resolve general software, hardware, Windows, and network issues for the Finance team.
• Create training material and delivers training for user assistance and system usage
• Identify opportunities for system improvements and escalate as appropriate.
• Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree with a major in MIS, Business Administration, Accounting, or related field.
• Ability to serve as a data steward of a division within a large organization. Strong data management skills with the ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential data.
• General knowledge of enterprise-wide administrative systems.
• Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
• Experience with relational databases and report writing.
• Ability to problem solve, multi-task, and effectively prioritize work in a deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to communicate financial and technical information clearly and effectively to diverse audiences with varying levels of understanding.
• Working knowledge of SQL
• Experience with Ellucian’s Banner ERP application
• Experience with IBM Cognos
Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references, http://apply.interfolio.com/121172
Lafayette is deeply committed to creating a diverse community, one that is inclusive and responsive, and is supportive of each and all of its faculty, students, and staff. All members of the College community share in the responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and inclusiveness is practiced. All Lafayette operations reflect the College’s commitment to diversity, equity, access, and inclusion (DEAI) initiatives, and Lafayette welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Working for Lafayette College
Lafayette is a private liberal arts college rated "most academically competitive" for admissions with 2,300 undergraduates studying engineering, the humanities, and the social and natural sciences. Lafayette is not only a great place for students to learn, but also a great place to work for its 650 full-time employees.
Lafayette's faculty include 195 full-time teacher-scholars, all of whom hold a Ph.D. or terminal degree in their field. Teaching, student mentoring, and scholarship are the top priorities of the faculty at Lafayette. The educational philosophy focuses on direct student-faculty contact not only in the classroom but also in research projects and social settings.
Hailing from 39 states and 51 countries, Lafayette's students represent a wide variety of ethnic, social, cultural, and economic backgrounds. These students enrich the campus community with their ideas and experiences and, above all, their desire to learn.
Founded in 1826 by citizens of Easton, Lafayette is located in the tree-lined neighborhood of College Hill, overlooking the Delaware River and downtown Easton, a 15-minute walk from campus. The college has grown to include 60 buildings on 340 acres including a 230-acre athletic campus.
Lafayette is a leader in faculty-mentored student research, study abroad programs, internships and externships, service learning, writing across the disciplines, first-year experiences, and creative projects. It is a place of academic excellence and opportunity where every student can realize his or her full potential.
Students may earn bachelor of arts in 32 fields and bachelor of science in four engineering disciplines and nine science fields. Lafayette offers students opportunities to customize their learning that are not available at other institutions where the focus is not exclusively on undergraduates. The Lafayette Experience means discovery both in and out of the classroom, through student-centered, active learning that combines the highest academic standards with diverse extracurricular programs. Lafayette graduates are prepared for success and leadership.
Easton is about 70 miles west of New York City and 60 miles north of Philadelphia. It has been cited as one of the best small arts town in America. The 30,000 residents of Easton live on the eastern edge of the greater Lehigh Valley, a metropolitan area with a population of 650,000. Highlights of downtown Easton include Binney & Smith's Crayola Factory, the National Canal Museum, and the historic State Theatre, which features concerts, plays and dance by visiting artists.
The city was founded in 1752 by Thomas Penn, son of Pennsylvania's founder William Penn, and is one of only three colonial cities in which a public reading of the Declaration of Independence occurred on July 8, 1776. Easton is the county seat for Pennsylvania's Northampton County.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert