Instructors in Composition at Colorado State University
- Colorado State University English Department
- Fort Collins, Colorado
- Faculty Jobs
- Arts & Humanities, English Literature & Composition
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Open Position for Instructors in Composition at Colorado State University, Fort Collins
Applicants may submit materials at any time. For full consideration for Fall 2023, please submit applications by March 2, 2023. For full consideration for Spring 2024, please submit applications by July 13, 2023. The 2023-2024 instructor general pool will expire on December 31, 2023. If positions are not available by that date, you will need to reapply. Faculty may be occasionally asked to teach a class in a second area, but the available positions are for the Composition Program.
Please see the full listing and to apply: https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/119054.
We seek candidates who are committed to equity-driven teaching of composition and rhetoric. Preference will be given to candidates who are well-versed in social, cultural, and linguistic diversity and in approaches that emphasize the transformative power of writing to promote equity and access and to enact social change.
Please submit the following required application materials. Only one document (WORD, PDF, etc.) can be submitted for each of the following 4 categories:
- Cover letter: a letter of application that outlines your experience teaching composition. You may also include specific CSU Composition Program courses you are interested in teaching. Specify the number of composition sections you would like to teach each semester. If interested in ESL/International Student sections of composition, in your letter of application please also include a statement of interest and an explanation of your experience and/or professional development in working with English language learners.
- Curriculum vitae: a detailed curriculum vitae.
- Unofficial transcript: documentation of your post-baccalaureate degree (e.g., a photocopy of your diploma; a transcript that notes the degree conferred).
- Portfolio of Teaching Materials: Four kinds of recent supporting materials are required and one is optional. Compile all supporting materials into one single document (WORD, Excel, or PDF) that is no larger than 9MB. Upload that file to the Required Documents field, Portfolio. Please limit your portfolio to 20 pages plus course evaluations:
- written reports of classroom observations and/or recent teaching evaluations.
- syllabi representing the range of composition courses you are interested in teaching.
- one student paper with comments and one page of your reflection. In the reflection, you should explain how formative and summative feedback in the student paper addresses course goals.
- student course evaluations for one class.
- optional teaching philosophy.
- Contact Information for References: We require two letters of reference that speak to your teaching, addressed to Dr. Louann Reid, Chair, Department of English. You will provide contact information for two references. Upon submission of your application materials, your references will be notified and asked to submit their letter of recommendation.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert