Assistant Professor of Clinical, Med Peds, General Internal Medicine
- University of Cincinnati
- Main Campus
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Health & Medical, Medicine
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
You are invited to submit an application to be considered for a position with more than one opening. The number of positions varies depending on the needs of the department. Rank and compensation will be based on experience and academic credentials.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
Job OverviewAs one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the UC College of Medicine has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. The Department of Internal Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine is organized into 11 clinical, educational and research units with activities conducted at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, UC Health University Hospital, UC Health Primary Care Network (PCN), Cincinnati Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Deaconess Hospital, the Centers for Clinical Effectiveness and for Health Informatics and ambulatory practice sites in the community. Division faculty provide a substantial amount of direct patient care and clinician-educator activities in multiple settings. The Division of General Internal Medicine is seeking two (2) Assistant Professors of Clinical for our ambulatory setting at University of Cincinnati Medical Center in Clifton, providing care to patients ranging from newborns to the elderly.Essential Functions
- Conduct outpatient clinics at Hoxworth and inpatient teaching wards.Strive to improve clinical processes, as well as patient care, at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center.Provide preventive, acute, and chronic care, including well child preventive screenings and immunizationsTeach in the Internal Medicine Residency Program.Directly teach medical students in all four years.Collaborate with researchers in the Center for Clinical Effectiveness and Center for Health Informatics and participate in quality improvement initiatives.Regularly attend section/divisional/departmental meetings and educational events, as assigned..
- MD or DOBoard eligible in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics.Ability to obtain an unrestricted Ohio Medical License and DEA License.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert