Director of Admissions
- Muskegon Community College
- Muskegon, Michigan, United States
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Admissions & Enrollment
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Muskegon Community College
Named the 19th Best Community College in the U.S. in 2021, Muskegon offers accredited academic programs leading to 54 associate degrees and 32 certificates. As an Achieving the Dream Leader College, MCC’s nationally recognized commitment to student success unites its faculty and staff in their mission to prepare students, build communities and improve lives.
One of Michigan’s most picturesque community colleges, the Muskegon main campus building - an award-winning Alden Dow design - spans Four Mile Creek on a 15-acre sylvan setting. The campus boasts several new multimillion-dollar facilities - the Health and Wellness Center, the Science Center and the Art and Music Building - and includes University Park Golf Course and the Carr-Fles Planetarium. The Sturrus Technology Center in historic downtown Muskegon is home to state-of-the-art applied technology offerings, the Rooks|Sarnicola Entrepreneur Center and the Lakeshore Fab Lab. MCC offers classes in adjacent Ottawa and Newaygo Counties.
Muskegon Community College provides excellent benefits options for our faculty and staff. Below is an overview of our full time employee benefit options.
- Choice between three health insurance plan options (includes a high deductible plan with a health savings account option).
- Employer provided dental, vision, life insurance and long term disability insurance.
- Employer-sponsored retirement plans including state Pension or 14% Retirement Contribution to TIAA (differs by group).
- Voluntary retirement savings plan options (403b or 457 plans)
- Tuition benefits at MCC for you and your eligible dependents.
- Generous time off plans.
- Paid holidays and holiday closure period in late December.
- Onsite Fitness Center at the Main Campus & discounts to University Park Golf Course
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled- First Review February 20, 2023
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $54,000-$72,000 Depending on experience
Serves as the leader and the general supervisor over activities related to admission services/management including goal setting and attainment; monitors, implements and updates enrollment reports; coordinates assigned activities with other divisions, departments, area schools and agencies as related to admissions.Required Skills
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred in related discipline.
- Minimum of five years progressive experience in higher education setting with experience developing enrollment management plans, directing efforts with proven success attaining targets, assessment, retention, recruitment preferred.
- Minimum three years supervisory experience.
- Two years of Enterprise System experience (Colleague and Recruit) with the ability to maintain data integrity, produce quality reporting, and trouble shoot day-to-day issues with experience in creating and analyzing statistical reports preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver effective and professional written and oral communications, information or training with both internal and external audiences. This includes motivating presentation skills.
- Demonstrated use of tact, judgement and discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality, and ability to relate to people of all ages, races, and social-economic backgrounds.
- Highly motivated and solution oriented with a high degree of integrity, ethics and dedication to the mission of the college with the ability to handle complex problems
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills; ability to improve efficiencies, while building relationships using strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Ability to work irregular schedule including evenings and possible weekends.
- Knowledge of federal, state and labor laws/regulations including but not limited to Title IX, ADA, and FERPA.
- Requires personal transportation to and from extension centers or other locations as needed.
- Hire, motivate, evaluate and mentor departmental staff as appropriate with sound supportive leadership and supervisory skills; Supervise operations as assigned.
- Provide direction and oversight for activities related to recruitment, marketing, events, high school student readiness initiatives, admissions, and orientation. Work closely with all college constituencies in an effort to enhance student success.
- Plan, implement and administer goals and objectives related to enrollment management.
- Provide planning and operations assistance to executive management of the college through active participation and leadership on task forces, committees and councils.
- Manage the recruitment, run daily enrollment reports and set up recurring events. Analyze data to determine enrollment direction and be able to provide guidance to Admissions Recruiters to help them meet their goals. Monitor the system to make sure it is functioning properly and work with I.T. to resolve program issues.
- Represent the College at community and external organization functions.
- Actively build relationships and work with schools, work development sites and other service areas to meet and exceed organizational goals.
- Oversee dual enrollment and direct credit programs as well as other state-funded programs.
- Work collaboratively with student success staff, instructional faculty and academic support programs to facilitate and enhance student success programming.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets strategically and responsibly working collaboratively across the college.
- Develop, support, enhance and continually improve the College’s recruitment efforts, working closely with the marketing department developing communications plans to engage potential students including but not limited to on-going social media presence/campaigns. Helping to put MCC on the Michigan map as a school of choice.
- Coordinate various events with high schools to bring new students to campus and measure and analyze effectiveness of events and strategies for continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership, programming and management for the orientation program.
- Create and implement strategic communications to students about opportunities and resources at the college.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental, and Environment Requirements Include:
☒ Detailed Work
☒ Student Contact
☒ Deadline oriented
☒ Problem Situations
☒ Multiple Priorities & Demands
☒ Emergency Situations
☐ On-call Availability
☒ Continual Interruptions
☒ Working Alone
☒ Faculty Contact
☒ Working with Others
☒ Standing & Walking
☐ Lifting up to 10 lbs. ☐ Up to 25 lbs. ☒ Up to 50 lbs. ☐ 80 + lbs.
☐ Pushing, Pulling, Twisting, Bending
☐ Climb or Balance
☐ Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl
☒ Handle or Feel
☐ Reach with Hands and Arms
☒ Talking or hearing
☐ Working Overhead
☒ Speak in English via Phone or In Person
☒ Close, Distance, Peripheral, and Color Vision along with Depth Perceptions
☒ Ability to Adjust and Focus
☐ Exposure to wet, humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme heat/cold; and moderate to loud noise levels.
☒ Normal Office environment with little, if, any, discomfort due to heat, dust, noise and the like. Ability to travel to all campus locations required.
Muskegon Community College continues to promote staff diversity, and is an equal opportunity employer. MCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, political persuasion, disability, height, weight, veteran status, age or any other protected class in any of its educational programs, activities or employment. Minorities, women, veterans, and the physically challenged are encouraged to apply. Anyone with a disability will be reasonably accommodated by the College. If you have a disability and need an accommodation or assistance in applying for this position, please contact the Human Resources Office.
Job LocationMuskegon, Michigan, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert