Desktop Support Specialist
- Denison University
- Granville, OH
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Clerical & Administrative Support
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Support StaffClassification Title:
Administrative StaffPosition Title:
Desktop Support SpecialistPosition Number:
O00482Pay Grade Level:
$25.00 - $33.00 per hour, $52,000 to 68,640 annuallyDepartment:
Information Technology ServicesPosting Number:
S 121301144Full or Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Months:
M–F, 8 AM–5 PM. 40 hours per week. Hourly position.Basic Function:
The Desktop Support Specialist provides exceptional hands-on technical and client support for Denison’s endpoint technology, including approximately 1,900 Windows and Apple computers, VoIP telephones and accounts, network printers, and other desktop technology. This position is also responsible for maintaining accurate records of IT assets as they are deployed and reclaimed. The Desktop Support Specialist leads and supports projects that enhance the security, reliability, and usability of Denison’s computing environment.Essential Job Functions:
- As part of a desktop support team, collaborate to provide escalated support to all Windows and Apple endpoints (including those in employee offices, labs, and classrooms), tablets, and smartphones
- Assist with administration of systems involved in the client support ecosystem, including software update servers, client management servers, imaging environment, and endpoint security
- Maintain asset record accuracy throughout the asset lifecycle
- Assist with annual computer replacement process
- Develop and provide input on hardware/software selection and management, replacement, and support processes
- In coordination with the ITS Service Desk, provide support for common workplace technologies, such as VoIP phones, headsets, printers and multifunction devices
- Collaborate with other desktop support staff for effective knowledge transfer and workload balancing across platforms
- Consult campus clients on the effective use of existing and innovative digital workplace technologies
- Stay up-to-date on technological changes related to job function and potential areas for process improvement
- Assist with scripting and package building
- Provide direction to student support technicians
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree from an accredited university in a field related to this role (experience may be accepted in lieu of degree), one year of experience as a desktop support specialist or equivalent role
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Windows and/or macOS
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to walk the campus, stairs/hills, and lift up to 30 lbs
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service
- Demonstrated adaptability with concurrent tasks and changing priorities
- Evidence of personal focus on refreshing knowledge and learning new skills relevant to the field
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a field related to this role.
- Experience using at least one client management or enterprise mobility management tool (SCCM, JAMF, Zenworks, Casper, Intune, Airwatch, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware component technologies
- Experience with recent Windows server operating system version
- Familiarity with scripting/coding concepts and best practices to support functions of this role
Must be able to walk the campus, stairs/hills, and lift up to 30 lbs.Contact(s):
Cindy WilkinsContact Phone/Extension:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please provide contact information for three professional references, including name, address, phone number, email address, and relationship to you. References will not be contacted without prior consent.
This position is open until filled. To be assured full consideration, please apply online by February 16, 2023.
Final candidate must provide documentation of educational degrees. All applications received by February 16, 2023, will be given full consideration.
In our ongoing efforts to support the health of our community, continue to operate our campus safely, and to comply with upcoming federal requirements, Denison requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an authorized exemption is approved. For more information and resources regarding this policy as a condition of employment, please visit https://denison.edu/campus/covid19.
The final candidate will undergo a background check as a conditional offer of employment.Denison University EEO Statement :
Denison University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To achieve our mission as a liberal arts college, we continually strive to attract and hire candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences and identities. Denison fosters a campus community that recognizes the value of all persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender expression and identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socio-economic background. For additional information and resources about diversity at Denison, please see our commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and antiracism (IDEA) at Denison Forward.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (740)587-6299 or by email at [email protected]
<p> </p> <p>As one of the nation's leading liberal arts colleges, Denison offers an authentic education in the fine arts, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences. Founded in 1831, Denison is one of the earliest colleges to be established in the old “Northwest Territory,” west of the Allegheny Mountains and north of the Ohio River. Denison is located in Granville, Ohio; 27 miles east of Columbus, the state capital.<img alt="denison_university1.jpg" src="http://www.insidehighered.com/careers/styles/medium/public/images/institution_profile/uploads/denison_university1.jpg" style="border-width: 2px; border-style: solid; margin: 5px; float: right;" typeof="foaf:Image" /></p> <p>Innovative faculty and motivated students collaborate in the pursuit of knowledge and the cultivation of independent thinking. And because Denison is a residential college, students are deeply engaged as citizens of the campus community. They learn from one another in a rigorous academic setting, but also in rich social, cultural and political environments.</p> <p>As a residential undergraduate liberal arts college, Denison is among those places that have been called “distinctively American” in their contribution to higher education worldwide. In fact, it is one of a select number of institutions that today defines the type.</p> <p>Confident in the distinction of its graduates and advantaged by unusual resources, Denison has pointedly resisted the tendency in higher education to add layers of graduate degrees, professional schools, and service functions beyond the scope of baccalaureate education of the highest order. Entering its 177th year, Denison has maintained a fully residential campus based upon the well-tested premise that learning flourishes in community.</p> <p>Denison selectively admits successful, confident, and motivated students who seek to take advantage of highly participatory learning within classroom, laboratory, and studio and who expect to learn and grow through their investment in the challenges and opportunities of college life.<br /> The college attracts matriculants from across the country and more than three dozen nations. Denison engages students with outstanding professors in small classes that encourage men and women to take a high degree of personal responsibility for learning. Students pursue a major field of study selected from 39 areas offered by 28 disciplinary departments and interdisciplinary programs in the divisions of Natural Science, Humanities, Social Science, and Fine Arts as well as complete a sequence of General Education and a personalized curriculum of electives from across the college.</p> <p><img alt="denison_university2.jpg" src="http://www.insidehighered.com/careers/styles/medium/public/images/institution_profile/uploads/denison_university2.jpg" style="border-width: 2px; border-style: solid; margin: 5px; float: left;" typeof="foaf:Image" />A Denison education is not just for a living but for a life. Denison graduates are educated to be curious, resourceful, and reflective. They are expected to begin a life of learning at Denison, not complete it. They are well prepared for the rapidly changing world of the 21st century.</p> <p>Nothing defines a Denison education more than the mutually enriching relationships that develop between students and faculty. The heart of the college is a full-time faculty of almost 200. These men and women, who hold the most advanced degrees in their fields, are selected on the basis of pedagogical and scholarly ability and are encouraged to be innovative teachers whose continuing growth in their discipline through active scholarship allows them to be among the best at their craft. They look forward to the challenge and stimulation of their students even as they seek to draw the best efforts from them. Many Denison students come to regard professors as mentors, who frequently oversee students' independent scholarly projects.</p> <p>Denison’s faculty is committed to undergraduate education. As teacher-scholar-advisers, their principal responsibility is effective teaching informed by the best scholarship. Faculty members place a priority on working closely with students, interactive learning, and partnerships with students in original research. Denison’s low student/faculty ratio allows for close supervision of independent research and collaborative work in small groups and classes.</p> <p><img alt="denison_university3.jpg" src="http://www.insidehighered.com/careers/styles/medium/public/images/institution_profile/uploads/denison_university3.jpg" style="border-width: 2px; border-style: solid; margin: 5px; float: right;" typeof="foaf:Image" /></p> <p>At Denison, men and women learn and grow in community, and the residential character of the campus is more than a convenience but a way of engaging the full student body in a shared enterprise. The college actively seeks academically superior students who bring diverse talents, interests, backgrounds, and experiences, believing that out of the classroom as well as within learning takes place by sharing, questioning, and growing together. Denison students have unusual opportunities to participate in the arts, in athletics and recreation, in service to others beyond the campus, in student organizational life, and in campus governance.</p> <p> </p>
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert