Dental Assisting Instructor,Part-Time/Adjunct
The San José-Evergreen Community College District is seeking a part-time/adjunct Dental Assisting Instructor at San Jose City College.
The instructor's assignment will include the following:
1.Teach courses in assigned discipline by communicating subject matter clearly and effectively.
2.Adapt methodologies for students with special needs and different learning styles.
3.Demonstrate commitment to professional development, including but not limited to activities such as: participation in professional conferences, workshops, seminars, membership in professional organizations, research projects, publishing academic work, participation in statewide committees or organizations, etc.
4.Demonstrate sensitivity in working with students and staff of diverse racial, ethnic, academic and socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, and disabilities by showing respect for differences and the dignity of others.
5.Participate in faculty responsibilities such as: course and curriculum development and review, student learning outcomes and assessment, program review, committees, research and special projects as needed in the discipline/department or district.
6.Attend and participate in department, division and college meetings and keep posted office hours.
7.Meet record keeping obligations on time, e.g. grades, census, reports, rosters, textbook orders, and requisitions.
8.Maintain and provide current course syllabi as required by California Education Code and Board policy.
9.Foster a professional work and learning environment.
10. Perform other duties as required by the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
11. Use methods and materials appropriate to the subject matter.
12. Use appropriate preparation skills in area of assignment.
13. Adapt to current teaching trends especially the use technology as a teaching and learning tool.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor's degree or higher and two years of professional experience
Any associate degree and six years of professional experience
2. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
3. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District's hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
Required, Special Licenses, Certificates:
1.	Current valid California License as Registered Dental Assistant, Registered Dental Hygienist or Dentist.
2.	Current valid California Radiation Safety License.
3.	Current valid Coronal Polish License
4.	Current valid Pit and Fissure Sealant Certificate
5.	Certified Dental Assisting Certificate
6.	Current CPR/BLS certificate
1.	Knowledge of CODA and DBC DA educational standards.
2.	Online teaching certified.
3.	Emphasis on student centered and service learning to develop such workplace skills as team building, problem solving, and decision making skills.
4.	Experience providing leadership and/or assistance in planning and coordination to grow the Dental Assisting program.
5.	Experience participating in associate faculty hiring processes, peer reviews and mentoring.
6.	Experience fostering relationships with current and prospective community partners including members of the Advisory Board and employers.
7.	Demonstrated expertise in cutting edge and new technologies with respect to Dental Assisting.
8.	Interest in computer-enhanced instruction and willingness to explore new technologies that would benefit program.
9.	Experience recruiting industry partners to serve on advisory boards.
10.	Teaching experience at the community college level.
11.	Leadership experience in developing and revising Dental Assisting curriculum.
12.	Experience in online course development and/or teaching.
13.	Working knowledge of multi-media materials, computer-assisted instruction-Canvas, and online testing software.
Applicants applying under equivalency bear the responsibility of submitting the District's Equivalency Application form with details and evidence of the factors (academic preparation and/or experience) that they believe to be equivalent of the required qualifications as listed on the Job Announcements. Application(s) for equivalency are required if the degrees are not in the exact discipline required for the applicable position, according the California Community College Minimum Qualifications (select link below to review).
NOTE:Equivalency review is for degrees not in the exact discipline, only. If you have a degree earned outside of the United States, a U.S. credential evaluation must be attached with your application materials.
(See *Foreign Degrees section below).
California Community College Minimum Qualificationshttps://www.cccco.edu/-/media/CCCCO-Website/About-Us/Divisions/Educational-Services-and-Support/Academic-Affairs/What-we-do/Curriculum-and-Instruction-Unit/Minimum-Qualifications/cccco-2021-report-min-qualifications-a11y.pdf?la=en&hash=AB424D9D2AEDEEBE2A54757BF58ABFC2B852A2F9
District Equivalency Formhttp://www.sjeccd.edu/HumanResources/Documents/Equivalency_Application_Form.pdf
Degree(s) must have been awarded by a college or university accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Council on Post-Secondary Accreditation and/or the U.S. Department of Education.
All degrees and credits earned outside of the United States must have a U.S. evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application.
Degrees earned outside of the U.S. without a U.S. credential evaluation attached, will not be considered.
Salary Placement is based on candidate's verified education and experience.http://www.sjeccd.edu/district-services/human-resources/salary-schedules
Assignments may include day and evening responsibilities. This position is represented by the San José-Evergreen Community College District Federation of Teachers, AFT 6157.
Please apply using the Direct Link below:
Position #F19014, Open and Continuous
Discipline- Degree Required,
Other part-time instructors are needed to teach classes in other disciplines on an as needed basis.
Please refer tohttp://www.sjeccd.edu/district-services/human-resources/employment-opportunitiesfor
a complete list of all employment opportunities at San José-Evergreen Community College District.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency