Enrollment Services Specialist - Enrollment Management
- Bowie State University
- Bowie, MD
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Admissions & Enrollment
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Enrollment Services SpecialistRegular or Contingent II:
$45,000 - $50,000Open Date:
02/17/2023Open Until Filled:
NoDuties and Responsibilities :
The Enrollment Services Specialist is responsible for providing wide-ranging, front-facing customer service support to university constituents (i.e., prospective and current students, families, faculty, and staff) for the following student services offices: admissions, housing, financial aid, registrar, student accounts, and new student experiences. In carrying out these duties, the Enrollment Services Specialist will:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Counsel, advise, investigate, and resolve inquiries and issues presented by potential, current, and former students, parents, faculty, staff, various third parties, and the general public.
- Accurately and efficiently deliver comprehensive customer service support about course enrollment/registration information, academic records, financial aid, billing and payment, and residence life with a focus on student success and retention.
- Provide proactive, start-to-finish student/customer service using independent professional judgment and discretion in simple and minimally complex issues related to all supported offices.
- Ability to analyze processes and procedures, problem solve and think critically.
- Facilitates the use of virtual waiting line technology, message/announcement board(s) to communicate department-specific and broad campus messaging, and website maintenance.
- Possess beginner to intermediate knowledge of and skills with technology including software programs for communication, data collection, student information systems, and customer relationship management (CRM), including but not limited to PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office/365, Student Financial Planning, ImageNow, Monday.com, Zendesk, Ocelot, QTrac, etc.
- Accept, receive, sort, and appropriately process or route required documents presented by student(s) for partner offices.
- Represent enrollment services and the one stop during annual days/programs, events, conferences, etc., and complete special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practice active listening; read critically, and adapt communication for our diverse audience. Ability to respond to customers quickly, accurately, and congenially.
- Sensitive to cultural diversity and recognizes personal biases to inform appropriate responses to culturally diverse situations, demonstrating a commitment to equity and inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, socio-economic, and educational backgrounds (ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and identities).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree is required.Experience:
·A minimum of (1) one year of prior higher education work experience, specifically within a student services office (e.g., admissions, bursar/student accounts, financial aid, housing, registrar, retention, etc.) required.· Excellent oral and written communication skills.· Research and troubleshooting skills.· Must be able to meet expectations in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment.
· Excellent communication skills (oral & written), preferably with experience in writing & editing· Excellent project management, analytical, and organizational skills· Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required· Strong customer service skillsConditions of Employment :
Please be advised, COVID-19 vaccinations are strongly encouraged but not required for eligible faculty and staff employed by Bowie State University. This protocol may be subject to change.Other :
BSU offers a generous benefits package, which includes 22 vacation days, 13 holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
Bowie State University, a member of the University System of Maryland (USM), is a regional, comprehensive, and historically black university. The University offers an array of baccalaureate and masters degree programs and a doctorate in education. Located between Washington, DC and Baltimore, the University includes a diverse faculty and student population.
Founded in 1865, Bowie State is the oldest Historically Black College/University in Maryland and one of the ten oldest in the country. It is also a diverse university whose 5,400 students, along with faculty and staff, come from many ethnic backgrounds. The University boasts a pastoral campus that is both serene and beautiful. With seven residence halls, the University is a hub of 24/7 undergraduate life, yet it also offers convenient evening classes and online courses to serve employed professionals seeking to move ahead in their vocations.
Bowie State upholds the System’s mission of providing high-caliber, accessible, and affordable educational opportunities. In addition to its 25 undergraduate majors, Bowie State offers 30 master's, doctoral, and advanced certification programs. Its advanced research facilities include one of the world's 100 most powerful supercomputers and a satellite operations control center managed in conjunction with NASA
We invite you to take a closer look at Bowie State; you will like what you see.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert